what is an effective method of revising History Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have flash cards and that but im finding it difficult because i cant do past papers as i have NO clue on how to mark them
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by She-Ra)
x
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 12397)
I have flash cards and that but im finding it difficult because i cant do past papers as i have NO clue on how to mark them
I've moved this to the correct forum for you

Good luck with everything
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers are a God-send. You can see trends in the way questions are asked and what to expect in and answer as a basis of practise. I always revise by answering essay questions. The more you do them, the easier you will find it to answer questions on impulse.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Past papers are a God-send. You can see trends in the way questions are asked and what to expect in and answer as a basis of practise. I always revise by answering essay questions. The more you do them, the easier you will find it to answer questions on impulse.
Yeah I have been doing some question spotting and was quite successful in my resit so hopefully they come up again!
calxb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
t i m e l i n e s

they're amazing for revision. Also planned essays on each event
e.g. (for my course is cold war)
One area of the cold war is detente, so one possible essay question would be "how did detente end"
so I gather up all the main factors of why detente ended, figure out which one is most significant for it ending etc etc and plan the essay.
But timelines are great, organises everything better and it makes you remember things better. On key events of the timeline add extra detail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads