The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Real Estate Reading Uni Bsc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes B in Maths and English at GCSE. But.....worried about AAB offer. Will need to think about how much of a gamble this would be. thanks for your help.

Original post by klsdoakj
With predicted grades of ABB she will get an 'aspirational' offer of AAB. She should do her best to reach that level in her A2 exams (to guarantee her a place on the course), but is likely to be successful getting in if she is in that zone. I presume she has at least grade B in GCSE Maths and English, which is also required.
Joe
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
fyi Joe, the university website still shows AAA-AAB. Deciding at the moment whether to risk applying with ABB as I think realistically she'll achieve that so AAA-AAB will probably be out of her reach.

Original post by peck
Yes B in Maths and English at GCSE. But.....worried about AAB offer. Will need to think about how much of a gamble this would be. thanks for your help.
Further update on BSc Real Estate offers: University has now agreed to allow us to make alternative offers to BSc Real Estate applicants, so people should be getting either AAB or ABBb offers (as appropriate). I'll update on 'unconditional offer' situation in a week or so. Watch this space!
Any thoughts on EPQ for applicants?
Original post by dirtmother
Any thoughts on EPQ for applicants?

The Extended Project is a nice 'extra' that adds some value to the application. It should be discussed in the personal statement and will be a factor if A-level results are borderline.
Joe
Further update on BSc Real Estate offers: University has now agreed to allow us to make alternative offers to BSc Real Estate applicants, so people should be getting either AAB or ABBb offers (as appropriate). I'll update on 'unconditional offer' situation in a week or so. Watch this space!

We have asked to join one of the offer schemes being run by the University this year. This will guarantee offer holders a place even if they drop one grade below the AAB or ABBb threshold. This should help applicants manage their 'risk' somewhat and provide more reassurance to those we make 'aspirational' offers to.
Joe

Is this for the University of Reading or henley?
Original post by Bio_mann123
Is this for the University of Reading or henley?

The Department of Real Estate & Planning is part of the Henley Business School which is a School in the University of Reading. So the answer is 'both'! However, the ABBb alternative offer only applies to the BSc Real Estate programmes....to reflect the range of acceptable subjects needed to study in REP.
(edited 8 years ago)
Coming to the open day at the weekend and wanting to see the town (the equivalent of a science applicant seeing the labs in a way) Where's a good place to park?
For central parking I'd go for either The Oracle or Queen's Road multi-story car parks. One of the 1st Year projects is on the Oracle Shopping/Leisure Centre....with the simple question posed 'How did it happen?'. Maybe you could initiate some preliminary research!
Joe
Thanks!
Reply 31
Joe. So to clarify is the ABBb offer just for the Estate Management course or does it apply to the Finance and Investment in Property course as well? Thanks
It applies to ALL four programmes in the UG Real Estate suite (Real Estate/ Invest & Fin/Rural/3+1).
Reply 33
[Thank you

QUOTE=klsdoakj;59924611]It applies to ALL four programmes in the UG Real Estate suite (Real Estate/ Invest & Fin/Rural/3+1).
Hi Joe,
I attended the summer open day and had the pleasure to meet you. I loved the whole day's experience so much and have already applied for the Msc Real Estate course. I was wondering when offers are made for your course.
I look forward to hearing back from you Tom Mueller.
Tom,
Thanks for your kind words. I presume you mean the BSc (not MSc) in Real Estate. Offers will be made on a rolling basis, so you should hear before too long. I will check on this and let you know if it's anything different.
Joe
Tom,
Thanks for your kind words. I presume you mean the BSc (not MSc) in Real Estate. Offers will be made on a rolling basis, so you should hear before too long. I will check on this and let you know if it's anything different.
Joe

Update 20/10/15: Having agreed the details of the 'strategic offer' arrangements last week, Central Admissions team have now started sending out offers.
Update 20/10/15: Having agreed the details of the 'strategic offer' arrangements last week, Central Admissions team have now started sending out offers.

Okay thank you and could you also confirm about the unconditional offers?
Original post by tom.mueller
Okay thank you and could you also confirm about the unconditional offers?

No unconditional offers this year Tom, but the 'strategic offer' arrangement that the University has just introduced means that, if you make a firm acceptance, we will allow you to drop one grade below the AAB/ABBb offer. So you would be guaranteed a place if you achieved ABB or BBBb in your A-levels. Clear?
Joe
Reply 39
Hi Joe,
I am currently studying English Literature, Physics and Business Studies at A2 with predicted grades of an ABB/AAB and Physical Education, General Studies along with Mathematics which I have already achieved a d at AS.
I was wondering if I achieved a cdc over my 3 AS levels, if this would warrant the b that is required?
Finally, would a place still be awarded for an ABCb, when I make Reading my firm acceptance providing I get an offer?
Many thanks,
Louis
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending