The Student Room Group

GCSE Computing 2015

I got an A in both of my control assessment which is worth 60% of my total gcse. Would a B in my exam give me an overall an A?

Scroll to see replies

Are you with Edexcel? I think it would as A*,A*,A gets an A* overall.
Reply 2
Original post by dumbledoresbeard
Are you with Edexcel? I think it would as A*,A*,A gets an A* overall.

OCR
Reply 3
I'm on AQA (I'm assuming you are too because each bit is worth the same as you) and I got an A* and an A in both of my control assessments. For a B overall, I need 13% on the exam (ridiculous I know). For an A I need 46%, and for an A* I need 77%.

I'm not sure what the grade boundaries for the exam on its own are, but I would imagine that if you got a B on the exam you would get an A overall. (Given that even if I get 0 marks on the exam I still get a C overall :P )

Edit: just realised you're on OCR, I don't think that what I said is wrong though because it's similar to AQA
Reply 4
Original post by Misora
I'm on AQA (I'm assuming you are too because each bit is worth the same as you) and I got an A* and an A in both of my control assessments. For a B overall, I need 13% on the exam (ridiculous I know). For an A I need 46%, and for an A* I need 77%.

I'm not sure what the grade boundaries for the exam on its own are, but I would imagine that if you got a B on the exam you would get an A overall. (Given that even if I get 0 marks on the exam I still get a C overall :P )

Edit: just realised you're on OCR, I don't think that what I said is wrong though because it's similar to AQA

If i'm correct, i would need at least 50 for a B in the exam which the paper is out of 80 and 56-60 for an A.
Original post by 2015LAD
OCR

Sorry got my exam boards confused, I'm with OCR too. A B in the exam should get you an A then although their grade boundaries shift quite a bit
Reply 6
Original post by 2015LAD
If i'm correct, i would need at least 50 for a B in the exam which the paper is out of 80 and 56-60 for an A.

Ok, I guess the exam boards are a bit more different then.
Reply 7
Sorry got my exam boards confused, I'm with OCR too. A B in the exam should get you an A then although their grade boundaries shift quite a bit

Oh that's good for me and good luck for your exam.

(if you got any revision resources for me to use, share them to me on here. :smile: )
Original post by 2015LAD
Oh that's good for me and good luck for your exam.

(if you got any revision resources for me to use, share them to me on here. :smile: )

Thanks, you too and I have a website with flash cards booked on my laptop which I can post on here later if you want
Reply 9
Thanks, you too and I have a website with flash cards booked on my laptop which I can post on here later if you want

i wouldn't mind :smile:
I'm doing OCR too and similar to you I got an A in one coursework and an A* in the other; however I feel like I am not going to do so well in the exam :c Good luck to you!
Original post by Marina-B
I'm doing OCR too and similar to you I got an A in one coursework and an A* in the other; however I feel like I am not going to do so well in the exam :c Good luck to you!

I'm also doing OCR and because of my crappy teacher I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to do that well either :frown: Btw question to all those taking OCR Computing are we allowed calculators in the exam?
My crappy teacher taught us nothing in the past two years I'm beyond screwed
Original post by lola-may
My crappy teacher taught us nothing in the past two years I'm beyond screwed

Same...
Oh god I'm panicking about the exam there's no way I'll even scrape a B
I have A* in coursework but i keep scraping a B in exam
Anyone have any good revision resources plz :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by lola-may
Oh god I'm panicking about the exam there's no way I'll even scrape a B

:hugs:

You'll be fine. :yep: Are there any topics you're less strong on? Let me know if you need any help or any past papers explaining. :h:

Spoiler

Exact same for me :frown: don't worry though...what exam board are you doing?
Yes, unless they say you're not allowed one, and honestly i suggest we don't panic about it just watch this youtube person, and don't even pressure yourself to make notes just take in the information that's what i'm doing : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBxhDfwURg-vQASN2ZeHwg ...All the best
Yes, unless they say you're not allowed one, and honestly i suggest we don't panic about it just watch this youtube person, and don't even pressure yourself to make notes just take in the information that's what i'm doing : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBxhDfwURg-vQASN2ZeHwg ...All the best

This is exactly what I'm doing right now! :biggrin:

Quick Reply