Article: Six things you need to do to make sure you're ready for SQA results day 2017

Watch
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
You can view the page at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-2015-with-TSR

How do you think your exams went? What are your plans for the summer?

SQA results day was super busy last year! Here's a little guide on how TSR can help you and how to get involved with the community and share the results day spirit :rave:
JP298
Badges: 11
Report 5 years ago
I think exams went alright, but I feel that you can't predict them. I had a few surprises last year at N5. Currently on a quick holiday at the moment, so when I get back I'm just going to enjoy summer. It's been a long time coming! ๐Ÿ˜

Posted from TSR Mobile
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
I think exams went alright, but I feel that you can't predict them. I had a few surprises last year at N5. Currently on a quick holiday at the moment, so when I get back I'm just going to enjoy summer. It's been a long time coming! ๐Ÿ˜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great stuff! I hope you're having a lovely holiday Everyone deserves a good rest after exams! What are your plans for September?
JP298
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
Great stuff! I hope you're having a lovely holiday Everyone deserves a good rest after exams! What are your plans for September?
I'm going back to school to study for advanced highers, during which I'll be apply for university courses, need to see what grades I get first though! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wahoo! Everyone who came to TSR last year for SQA results day had awesome results! Looking forward to another brill year!
rachelmoyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? i predicted my national 5 grades perfectly haha. i just came out, thought about it, and knew what i was going to get. i more or less know this year too (or so i hope!)
anyway, enjoy your holiday! we probably all deserve one haha
JP298
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rachelmoyes)
really? i predicted my national 5 grades perfectly haha. i just came out, thought about it, and knew what i was going to get. i more or less know this year too (or so i hope!)
anyway, enjoy your holiday! we probably all deserve one haha
Yeah, I took 9 subjects last year. 8 being N5's and 1 being N4 RE. It's easy to predict subjects such as maths, the three sciences and such. Much harder to predict the likes of German, Music and English as parts which are assessed are very subjective. Just my viewpoint, some people might be different. For instance I failed my German Prelim and came out with an A in the final exam. So surprises can come when you least expect them!

Best of luck in your results and I hope you get what you are looking for!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rachelmoyes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
Yeah, I took 9 subjects last year. 8 being N5's and 1 being N4 RE. It's easy to predict subjects such as maths, the three sciences and such. Much harder to predict the likes of German, Music and English as parts which are assessed are very subjective. Just my viewpoint, some people might be different. For instance I failed my German Prelim and came out with an A in the final exam. So surprises can come when you least expect them!

Best of luck in your results and I hope you get what you are looking for!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i agree that those are the harder ones to predict!
you too, i hope we all do well :P
Yammy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
UKCAT will kill my summer...RIP.

JP298
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by muchensmile)
UKCAT will kill my summer...RIP.

Is that for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yammy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
Is that for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just going to try my best at Ukcat this year, though i will probably only get an average score, still good practise if I reapply next year :P
Yammy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
Is that for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh you are the guy who posted up really helpful geo notes, well done haha, hopefully all your exams went well^^
JP298
Report 5 years ago
Oh you are the guy who posted up really helpful geo notes, well done haha, hopefully all your exams went well^^
Yeah, haha. Likewise with your exams, what did you sit this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yammy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
Yeah, haha. Likewise with your exams, what did you sit this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Higher Bio chem maths physics and geo
JP298
Report 5 years ago
Higher Bio chem maths physics and geo
Nice one! Glad to hear from another student who didn't take English this year! There's not too many at my school. I sat Higher Maths, Geo, Music, Physics and Information Systems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yammy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JP298)
Nice one! Glad to hear from another student who didn't take English this year! There's not too many at my school. I sat Higher Maths, Geo, Music, Physics and Information Systems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha likewise, the thing about Higher English is that it is (one of the hardest exams to get an A) and also it is not required by many universities for science subjects, hence I don't get why teachers pressure most pupils into doing it even though its such a hard exam. Nat 5 good pass at English is good enough
JP298
Report 5 years ago
Haha likewise, the thing about Higher English is that it is (one of the hardest exams to get an A) and also it is not required by many universities for science subjects, hence I don't get why teachers pressure most pupils into doing it even though its such a hard exam. Nat 5 good pass at English is good enough
Without a doubt! It's probably the hardest to get an A in because it is so subjective. One teachers A can be another teachers B!๐Ÿ˜ƒ I don't see why we should be forced in to taking a subject which will ultimately have no effect on our future goals. Same can be said about Higher Maths, just seems that more people don't want to admit it for Higher English!

Posted from TSR Mobile
VividBandicoot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When is results day?
JP298
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zain-A)
When is results day?
4th of August ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robinson301115
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have still to sit mines can anybody give me tips on how to prepare, like for higher geography and/or art ? thanks would be great if you could.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads