What are my possibilities of getting into Oxford Law

Watch
GhaithJundi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im currently an 11th grader at an IB world school. I do wish to apply to a law course at oxford. Can you please assess my chances.

Grades:
Quarter 1:39
Quarter 2:38
Final: 41
Quarter 3:39
Quarter 4:38
Final:40

Subjectsistory HL,Economics HL,Chemistry HL, English B HL , Arabic A SL
Math SL

English Fluency: 8.5/9 IELTS Test

Fee Status: International
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I've moved this to our University of Oxford sub-forum as you're probably more likely to get responses from knowledgeable people here.

I will say that one, entry into any UK university will not solely be determined by your grades, your PS, your reference and at Oxford, your interview will all come into the decision making process. Oxford is a very competitive uni and law is a very competitive course at most UK universities, so even some of the best students may get rejections if they aren't quite what the university is looking for.
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GhaithJundi)
Im currently an 11th grader at an IB world school. I do wish to apply to a law course at oxford. Can you please assess my chances.

Grades:
Quarter 1:39
Quarter 2:38
Final: 41
Quarter 3:39
Quarter 4:38
Final:40

Subjectsistory HL,Economics HL,Chemistry HL, English B HL , Arabic A SL
Math SL

English Fluency: 8.5/9 IELTS Test

Fee Status: International
I don't particularly understand how to evaluate your quarter grades (I'm assuming your final grades refer to your overall IB predicted score out of 45?). Perhaps you could provide a breakdown of your current predicted scores, especially your HLs, as well as GCSE or equivalent grades (if any).

For IB, you're looking at around 38-40 points minimum, with 6s and 7s in your HLs. As long as you're on track with that, the next step would be to nail the LNAT.
GhaithJundi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Final is the semester final exam, quarters are the marks or each quarter of a semester. In a semester I have 2 quarters followed by final. And no the finals are not the the IB+core points (42+3/45)

The breakdown of my HL grade in the format Q1 Q2 F1 Q3 Q4 F2

History:7/6/7/7/7/7
Economics: 7/7/7/7/7/7
Chemistry:6/6/6/6/6/6
English:6/7/7/7/6/7
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GhaithJundi)
Final is the semester final exam, quarters are the marks or each quarter of a semester. In a semester I have 2 quarters followed by final. And no the finals are not the the IB+core points (42+3/45)

The breakdown of my HL grade in the format Q1 Q2 F1 Q3 Q4 F2

History:7/6/7/7/7/7
Economics: 7/7/7/7/7/7
Chemistry:6/6/6/6/6/6
English:6/7/7/7/6/7
Unis only care about your predicted overall IB points and make an offer contingent on your final IB Diploma score.

So check the entry reqs for Law at Oxford to see if your overall predicted points (and any HL specific points) are close to that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise