The Student Room Group

I eat no fruit or vegetables, but I take a vitamin pill everyday

will I be ok? I've been living like this for years now. it's difficult to find vegetables / fruit that are cheap and delicious, I can't cook, and tinned tastes like ****.

so i tend to spend my food budget with the biggest calorific and protein content return.
taking vitamin supplements won't do much. There's been loads of studies to show that vitamins don't have much of an effect, and if you take too many they can do more harm than good.
fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy diet!
Original post by thisistheend
will I be ok? I've been living like this for years now. it's difficult to find vegetables / fruit that are cheap and delicious, I can't cook, and tinned tastes like ****.

so i tend to spend my food budget with the biggest calorific and protein content return.

Apples and bananas aren't expensive.
Carrots are very cheap.
Frozen veg is under £1 for a big bag.

Fruit and veg is cheaper than protein.
taking vitamin pills just gives you expensive urine
Original post by the bear
taking vitamin pills just gives you expensive urine

and your girlfriend a lovely complexion? :s-smilie: oh you dirty boy.
Original post by cambio wechsel
and your girlfriend a lovely complexion? :s-smilie: oh you dirty boy.

i expect you eat Golden Delicious :rofl:
i expect you eat Golden Delicious :rofl:

yes, but I hanker for black pudding. (It's full of blood!).
yes, but I hanker for black pudding. (It's full of blood!).

is there a bit of Jamaican in you ?
is there a bit of Jamaican in you ?

less often than I'd like.
less often than I'd like.

bad boy :spank:

:afro:
bad boy :spank:]

you can keep your costly urine. I'm sticking to the cheap stuff.
Wtf?^^:s-smilie:
They've called in the Marshalls. Largely your fault.
Reply 13

You need to get done veg in your diet before you waste away.

Maybe stop spending so much on air maxes / huraches / snapbacks if you are struggling to afford them.
Your best bet is to learn how to cook really then add frozen veg with every meal you can
Learn to cook.

There's relatively good evidence that your kidneys don't like prolonged vitamin supplements.
You need to eat fruit and veg, because it is likely that they will contain vits/minerals that aren't in the tablet. You'll also just feel better in your body. You are what you eat!
u need to eat healthy...fruit and vegetables daily...I am aware of the high cost but at the end of the day why fall to more health issues in the future? its best to receive vitamins naturally alongside take the supplements
Reply 18

There are very few studies that show any benefits from vitamins. You really need to just suck it up and eat them or find a way to sneak them into other food.
It really isn't that hard to cook, it's not like an inate skill, you learn. Just buy a student cook book, they tend to be cheap, easy meals with fewer ingredients so aren't hard to do. Nosh for Students is pretty good as they don't use many different ingredients throughout, but do seem to have a reasonable amount of fruit/veg.

Quick Reply

Latest