Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,
Wanted to know from those who did or are currently doing as/ a level Film studies, how are you finding it? I searched online and there were hardly any resources dedicated to film studies which shocked me, leaving me to wonder if it was a struggle to know what the examiners wanted. Do you find your course time consuming, do you love it, is it difficult for you and with grade boundaries do you think that they are fair?
German123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't do it but my friend who does says media studies(similar to film studies) is time consuming.
Cherry82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by German123)
I don't do it but my friend who does says media studies(similar to film studies) is time consuming.
Hi, how are you?

Thanks for replying, I've been trying to see what the film studies A level is like for bit now to see if maybe it's suitable for me.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
Hi, how are you?

Thanks for replying, I've been trying to see what the film studies A level is like for bit now to see if maybe it's suitable for me.
Hey, I am good.

Maybe you could ask your friends outside of school who do it what it is like etc or just get more ideas on here.

You should do what you want to do.

I hope things work out.
tashlexxwhitney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I find it very easy, some parts of the theory can be challenging but basic media terminology and and English literature approach should do you fine for the exams. I've just taken the AS level WJEC exams and I thought overall the questions were fine, however the exam is lengthy (2hrs 30). Overall if you put the time and dedication into it you should come out with a good grade, the coursework is 40% and the exam is split into 3 sections - 3 40 mark essays all on different aspects of film with an A roughly 34/35 per essay. Hopefully you'll enjoy your choice!
ShootingStar_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't take it myself but know an absolute film fanatic who loves the course to bits!
My advice is that if you have a general love and interest in films, also perhaps if you want to use it in the future, then you will be able to enjoy the course.
He also tends to get really good grades in it, so if you have a big love I think you can achieve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (500)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.54%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads