AlexParkinson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone had any predictions for the A2 Unit 4 Spanish exam? Super nervous for the RBE would be grateful for any advice Hope we can discuss this here!
sophieemarshallx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have any predictions, but I can say that I am also nervous for the RBE haha. Hopefully the questions aren't awful and the translation isn't too bad! What are you doing for the RBE?
AlexParkinson
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophieemarshallx)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have any predictions, but I can say that I am also nervous for the RBE haha. Hopefully the questions aren't awful and the translation isn't too bad! What are you doing for the RBE?

Studying the Basque country - how are you revising for it? So many possible sections could come up and I am struggling to remember all the information!
sophieemarshallx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno, and I'm finding it difficult to remember the majority of my sources.. It's basically a memory test isn't it, ughhhhh. I guess just practicing answering some questions will help, it'll perhaps embed what you're trying to learn into your mind
AlexParkinson
Rep:
?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno, and I'm finding it difficult to remember the majority of my sources.. It's basically a memory test isn't it, ughhhhh. I guess just practicing answering some questions will help, it'll perhaps embed what you're trying to learn into your mind
yeah i've been doing quick essay plans to see how much I can remember from my original information. I'm not sure if this will apply to a text RBE, but I have a set of sources that can essentially be applied to any essay (like newspaper sources, elpais.com, eustat.es) so that if you forget a source in the exam theres a back up alternative Thats what I hate - its not testing our language but essentially how much we can remember!!
sophieemarshallx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AlexParkinson)
yeah i've been doing quick essay plans to see how much I can remember from my original information. I'm not sure if this will apply to a text RBE, but I have a set of sources that can essentially be applied to any essay (like newspaper sources, elpais.com, eustat.es) so that if you forget a source in the exam theres a back up alternative Thats what I hate - its not testing our language but essentially how much we can remember!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I never thought of doing that, finding sources that can be applied to any essay, thanks for the idea! my memory is awful as well which doesn't help :/ hopefully we both do well, there's still time to practice x
roryctabb
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone doing Bodas de Sangre lit?
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sophie!

I'm doing El laberinto del fauno too, what do you think is the most likely question to come up? I'm thinking maybe something with a scene? Also how are you revising, are you doing practise essays and stuff like that?
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone! I am getting frustrated about the Unit 4 RBE. Not necessarily the knowledge or question, but really the low word count! All of my practice essays cannot get below 300 words (they are around 340 actually) and I'm breaking into tears over it because my teachers say it's the one big problem I have with it! is the word count thing really strict and will it make me fail or do less well? help or guidance on this please! (P.S. I'm doing 'Aspects of Morden society' and decided to talk about political, social and cultural aspects of Argentina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophieemarshallx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by liz0123)
Hi Sophie!

I'm doing El laberinto del fauno too, what do you think is the most likely question to come up? I'm thinking maybe something with a scene? Also how are you revising, are you doing practise essays and stuff like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I have no idea what will come up to be honest, but if it was about a scene that would be good I guess as there are maaany scenes that can be thoroughly analysed with this film! Our class has been trying to do all the questions from the past papers. It can get quite tedious though.. I can't even remember half of my sources most of the time which really isn't helpful. How are you revising? Btw, if you haven't listened to it already, there's an audio commentary on YouTube of guillermo talking over the film, I found it quite useful x
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I have no idea what will come up to be honest, but if it was about a scene that would be good I guess as there are maaany scenes that can be thoroughly analysed with this film! Our class has been trying to do all the questions from the past papers. It can get quite tedious though.. I can't even remember half of my sources most of the time which really isn't helpful. How are you revising? Btw, if you haven't listened to it already, there's an audio commentary on YouTube of guillermo talking over the film, I found it quite useful x
Yeah that's what I was hoping haha! I'm just trying to do as many possible practise essays and then I will learn my main ideas for them and the quotes! Okay thank you! I think I may have listened to that already but thank you!
sophieemarshallx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find the exam?
Raaaaachx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found out I answered the wrong question in the research based essay! I just automatically saw important person so I wrote about Juan Carlos and his role in the Transition for question A when that should have been about a region I had studied😥😥
AlexParkinson
Rep:
?
Loved the RBE question! Lots of information on the key person in the region. Thought the discursive questions were a bit weird but nothing that you couldn't handle, just a bit out there - I mean high velocity trains and environmental impact?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads