Neymar27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is anyone doing the geography exam on Wednesday where you only have too do two questions? Please let me know cause I have some questions to ask...
Neymar27
Rep:
?
I believe this is AQA 1/2 level... Not AQA A,,, but it's urgent and im quite worried...
Neymar27
Rep:
?
What I want to know is... I'm doing AQA 1/2 level geography (1 hour paper of 2 topics) and we were given a AQA A spec geography CGP guide by our teachers. I feel it is very similar content wise but I was just wondering, if I did a case study in the AQA A CGP guide for my exam, would it be valid?
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Neymar27)
What I want to know is... I'm doing AQA 1/2 level geography (1 hour paper of 2 topics) and we were given a AQA A spec geography CGP guide by our teachers. I feel it is very similar content wise but I was just wondering, if I did a case study in the AQA A CGP guide for my exam, would it be valid?
I'm doing the AQA B paper on Wednesday which is an hour and a half paper of two topics... and yeah you should be fine with using any case studies as long as you are sure they are relevant to your questions You can literally use any case study you want - you can find you're own on the internet if you really want to - as long as its relevant to the topic and as long as you reference it in the right questions
Neymar27
Rep:
?
(Original post by #sarahsmith2)
I'm doing the AQA B paper on Wednesday which is an hour and a half paper of two topics... and yeah you should be fine with using any case studies as long as you are sure they are relevant to your questions You can literally use any case study you want - you can find you're own on the internet if you really want to - as long as its relevant to the topic and as long as you reference it in the right questions
Oh really? That's good,,, but how can the examiner Mark a case study they don't know about?
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh really? That's good,,, but how can the examiner Mark a case study they don't know about?
Google it? I don't know but we've been told that we can use any relevant case studies - Geography B doesn't really have an up to date textbook but we use case studies in class that weren't in the textbook... Which topics are you doing? I've never heard of the 1/2 level before
Neymar27
Rep:
?
Google it? I don't know but we've been told that we can use any relevant case studies - Geography B doesn't really have an up to date textbook but we use case studies in class that weren't in the textbook... Which topics are you doing? I've never heard of the 1/2 level before
I did plate tectonics and rivers for the physical exam... And I am doing globalisation and population for the human paper. The spec looks almost identical to the AQA B one tbh, I don't really see much difference, but obviously there must be some im assuming. Which are you doing?
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did plate tectonics and rivers for the physical exam... And I am doing globalisation and population for the human paper. The spec looks almost identical to the AQA B one tbh, I don't really see much difference, but obviously there must be some im assuming. Which are you doing?
For this one ('Hostile World and Investigating the shrinking world' I'm doing hazards and tourism - and for the the one we did before half term ('Managing places in the 21st century' it was compulsory to do 'Coastal and Urban environments' .... Why is it called half level? It's still a full gcse right??

(Edit) I googled it... I get it now it's an iGCSE so its not half level but level 1/level 2
Neymar27
Rep:
?
For this one ('Hostile World and Investigating the shrinking world' I'm doing hazards and tourism - and for the the one we did before half term ('Managing places in the 21st century' it was compulsory to do 'Coastal and Urban environments' .... Why is it called half level? It's still a full gcse right??

(Edit) I googled it... I get it now it's an iGCSE so its not half level but level 1/level 2
Oh right haha, so what's the actual difference. Is the content exactly the same, just how much we do is different or something?
#sarahsmith2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh right haha, so what's the actual difference. Is the content exactly the same, just how much we do is different or something?
Not sure but iGCSEs are usually the ones taken from people in international schools not in the UK... I'm not sure whether one is easier but I think iGCSE maths is harder than normal maths... Haven't actually looked at the spec though so I'm not sure
vrm99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does foundation geography aqa have the same sort of questions? Any predictions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
7.84%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
9.8%
No, but maybe I will look into it (26)
25.49%
No and I wouldn't consider it (58)
56.86%

Watched Threads