The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths B Paper 4 - Thu 4th June 2015 am

Who's ready for the exam?

Any tips for revision, practice?
PAST PAPERS- just get sample questions from anywhere and practice them, depending on what grade you're aiming for, I'd estimate half marks to be a B 65-70% for an A and 85-90% for an A* :smile:
Maybe try some youtube videos for topics such as simultaneous equations (linear/quadratic), Surface area, histograms, C.Frequency, Area, Volume, TRIGONOMETRY WILL COME UP-(at least for 4+ marks), just remember to put in enough working out to attain full marks for any question, even if it's a 1 or 2 marker. Have fun revising and good luck to you!

-I'm sitting the same exam btw if you didn't guess-
Reply 2
Original post by Hazzaj500
PAST PAPERS- just get sample questions from anywhere and practice them, depending on what grade you're aiming for, I'd estimate half marks to be a B 65-70% for an A and 85-90% for an A* :smile:
Maybe try some youtube videos for topics such as simultaneous equations (linear/quadratic), Surface area, histograms, C.Frequency, Area, Volume, TRIGONOMETRY WILL COME UP-(at least for 4+ marks), just remember to put in enough working out to attain full marks for any question, even if it's a 1 or 2 marker. Have fun revising and good luck to you!

-I'm sitting the same exam btw if you didn't guess-

This is exactly how I revise, youtube and past papers! I did a past paper yesterday and got 90/100, so I'm going to aim for 95/100 on one later this week. Fingers crossed!
Hopefully they are nice! I was so stupid on the questionnaires on the non-calculater :frown: that lost me 3-4 marks and the fraction-i didn't simplify so thats 6 marks down, and then the vectors question i doon't think i interpreted my answer right, like i put the wrong ratios and comparisons in, then 5-6 marks for obvious mistakes/gaps, so hopefully if i have 80-85 from the non-calculater, i may be able to get that A* with a good 90+ marks on this paper! :smile:
Reply 4
I did the exam today it was EASY
Reply 5
Original post by Adam0786
I did the exam today it was EASY

I finished with half an hour to spare, even after checking MULTIPLE times and I think I've got at least 90/100!

Nicest paper 4 I've ever done!
How do you answer the proportion question? Only one I didn't properly attempt😕

Quick Reply

Latest