Lolaabigail
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
Very stressed with english language at the moment- as i thought there was nothing really to revise. Anyway- I've been revising CPG revision guide on it which isn't exam board based. I'm doing AQA on Tuesday... and was wondering, will we be asked to write a leaflet or newspaper article- if so, do we lay it out as one for instance, ignore the lines given to us- and put a huge title and quick pictures- or whatever it wants do we just do it as extended piece of writing? - for instance a leaflet do we use bullet points?
If someone can get back to ASAP- would be life saver!
Thank you SO much !

(waffled a bit, basically confused on layout for section B)
Also if its a letter- do we include it like a formal letter- putting addresses etc in the correct position?
gsxrjunkie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lolaabigail)
Hi,
Very stressed with english language at the moment- as i thought there was nothing really to revise. Anyway- I've been revising CPG revision guide on it which isn't exam board based. I'm doing AQA on Tuesday... and was wondering, will we be asked to write a leaflet or newspaper article- if so, do we lay it out as one for instance, ignore the lines given to us- and put a huge title and quick pictures- or whatever it wants do we just do it as extended piece of writing? - for instance a leaflet do we use bullet points?
If someone can get back to ASAP- would be life saver!
Thank you SO much !

(waffled a bit, basically confused on layout for section B)
Also if its a letter- do we include it like a formal letter- putting addresses etc in the correct position?
Firstly don't panic! Once you get into the exam you'll be fine, just remember to relax and go with what you have.

I made some silly mistakes and didn't finish a few questions but that didn't matter. As long as your writing is acceptable and interesting the examiner will mark quality not quantity.
When it comes to section B just make sure you know how to handle the different questions you may be given. Your teacher should be able to help you with that and provide you with ways to tackle a type of question.

If you get a newspaper article, I'd put a title/heading and go with that. (I think that's what I did)... Remember it's a language paper so focus on your language!

Also, youtube helped a lot! There are some amazing videos out there..

Hope that helped! Let me know how you get on or if there is anything else I can help you with
Morgan_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Calm down! 😊 You do get marks for acknowledging the type of writing they ask you to do- for example if you get asked to do a newspaper you should do a heading and subheading along with blank boxes at the side throughout with 'picture of ..... to go here). However, there isn't any need to write in columns etc or literally fold up a piece of paper if it asks for the leaflet It's worth looking at the correct layout for formal letters etc but remember it's what you write more than how you lay it out
Lolaabigail
Rep:
?
(Original post by gsxrjunkie)
Firstly don't panic! Once you get into the exam you'll be fine, just remember to relax and go with what you have.

I made some silly mistakes and didn't finish a few questions but that didn't matter. As long as your writing is acceptable and interesting the examiner will mark quality not quantity.
When it comes to section B just make sure you know how to handle the different questions you may be given. Your teacher should be able to help you with that and provide you with ways to tackle a type of question.

If you get a newspaper article, I'd put a title/heading and go with that. (I think that's what I did)... Remember it's a language paper so focus on your language!

Also, youtube helped a lot! There are some amazing videos out there..

Hope that helped! Let me know how you get on or if there is anything else I can help you with
Thank you so so much-- complete life saver!!
Lolaabigail
Rep:
?
(Original post by Morgan_)
Calm down! 😊 You do get marks for acknowledging the type of writing they ask you to do- for example if you get asked to do a newspaper you should do a heading and subheading along with blank boxes at the side throughout with 'picture of ..... to go here). However, there isn't any need to write in columns etc or literally fold up a piece of paper if it asks for the leaflet It's worth looking at the correct layout for formal letters etc but remember it's what you write more than how you lay it out
THANK YOU soon much! I actually understand! thank you x
Morgan_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lolaabigail)
THANK YOU soon much! I actually understand! thank you x
You're welcome! 😊 It might also be helpful to put a caption for any of the 'pictures' and don't put more than 3 as you don't want to go overboard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads