The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2015 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idontwearhats
The webpage isn't even loading for me. I'll probably just do what you're going to do.

It took a while for mines to load, but it eventually loaded. I'm officially registered! I haven't picked anything, I've only done the personal information bit. Just hang in there, it just contains a lot of waiting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by PadraigMop
It took a while for mines to load, but it eventually loaded. I'm officially registered! I haven't picked anything, I've only done the personal information bit. Just hang in there, it just contains a lot of waiting.

Okay thanks. I'll just be patient :smile:
i'm thinking of applying to Bowland for a first choice and Fylde for 2nd.

,,,, is it 'bowland' as in 'rainbow' or 'bowland' as in 'bow down'...?
Original post by idontwearhats
Don't think you are. When I was there on an open day the tour guide pronounced it "field".

It's definitely pronounced "Filed", I should know, I live in the Fylde Coast xD
Original post by tejandrews
i'm thinking of applying to Bowland for a first choice and Fylde for 2nd.

,,,, is it 'bowland' as in 'rainbow' or 'bowland' as in 'bow down'...?

As in rainbow 😊
Reply 25
Would anyone be able to tell me roughly how many people go catered, is it a tiny minority or quite a few? Also how many typically share a bathroom in standard rooms?
What is the best college for engineers?
Reply 27
I had in my head form the offer holder day I was definitely putting Grizedale and then Lonsdale but now I'm wondering about Pendle and Fylde! I don't think I will put Fylde because I'm doing maths and it's right ear maths and I just don't want to live where I study exactly.

Any views between Pendle, Lonsdale and Grizedale?

(I'm going for superior ensuite)
Original post by curved
I had in my head form the offer holder day I was definitely putting Grizedale and then Lonsdale but now I'm wondering about Pendle and Fylde! I don't think I will put Fylde because I'm doing maths and it's right ear maths and I just don't want to live where I study exactly.

Any views between Pendle, Lonsdale and Grizedale?

(I'm going for superior ensuite)

I was going to go for Grizedale; but I decided to go for County as its nearest to my department. They all seem the same, so for what's nearest to your studies - just so you don't know have to do a lot of walking haha
I was going to go for Grizedale; but I decided to go for County as its nearest to my department. They all seem the same, so for what's nearest to your studies - just so you don't know have to do a lot of walking haha

I'm doing History so I'm going to have to have a look at what's closest for me then, I'm already late to Sixth Form as it is so the closer the better I reckon
Reply 30

Ah I went fro Grizedale and then Lonsdale. I feel like the walk to lectures will be my only exercise haha - might need it.
Original post by curved
Ah I went fro Grizedale and then Lonsdale. I feel like the walk to lectures will be my only exercise haha - might need it.

That is very true. Good strategic planning.
Hey guys, anyone in this thread currently at Lancaster and able to provide information on what to bring and what not to bring. Off to IKEA today to pickup pots, pans, plates etc but i was wondering if things like a kettle, crockery drying rack, microwave ETC are all provided?

I'm looking to stay in a townhouse, wanted to add that in in-case it differs according to accommodation type.

I've got a very comprehensive shopping list but if there are some things already provided then i can avoid buying them :smile:

Thanks in advance.
Original post by trias1995
Hey guys, anyone in this thread currently at Lancaster and able to provide information on what to bring and what not to bring. Off to IKEA today to pickup pots, pans, plates etc but i was wondering if things like a kettle, crockery drying rack, microwave ETC are all provided?

I'm looking to stay in a townhouse, wanted to add that in in-case it differs according to accommodation type.

I've got a very comprehensive shopping list but if there are some things already provided then i can avoid buying them :smile:

Thanks in advance.

I'm not in a townhouse but in my kitchen there is a kettle, microwave, toaster, washing up bowls, drying racks and bins provided (they provide bin bags too), hope that helps 😊
Original post by Jessicak96
I'm not in a townhouse but in my kitchen there is a kettle, microwave, toaster, washing up bowls, drying racks and bins provided (they provide bin bags too), hope that helps 😊

That's fantastic, thank you very much :smile:

I think it would be safe to assume that they provide the same in a townhouse.
Just finished my last exam so looking into this now, think I'm going to go with Bowland since it seems to have a pretty decent reputation and is closest to the History department. Tempted to go for Superior Ensuite but not really sure.
does anyone know roughly what date we can start moving in (in september i guess???), i need to know bc my dad is a flight attendant so he needs to make sure hes around when ill be moving in
Original post by onlyalmost
does anyone know roughly what date we can start moving in (in september i guess???), i need to know bc my dad is a flight attendant so he needs to make sure hes around when ill be moving in

I believe everyone starts moving in on around the 21st for freshers before uni properly starts
The move in dates are the 26th and 27th of Sept. Saturday and Sunday accordingly, and the date depends on your college. Or so I've read.
Freshers week starts properly on 28th september so you'll move in on 26th or 27th depending on your college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending