The Student Room Group

OCR History Russia, 8 June 2015

Is anyone else studying 100 years of Russian history with OCR this year for A2 OCR? Anyone else struggling with time constraints and worried about how broad the question could be!!!?
Reply 1
I am!! I think the time constraints are like okay when you're under pressure in an actual exam situation, but yeah I'm worried too that the question might be really broad!?
Also, does anyone know or have a link to the questions/topics that came up in the 2014 Russia exam, so that we know which topics/questions are likely to come up this year? I can't find the 2014 paper online :frown:
I'm so screwed for this paper. History is such an interesting subject but the exams are so bloody idiotic. They are testing us on essay writing but we need to remember so much bs. How are you guys revising for this rubbish :frown:(
Reply 3
Original post by TheTruthTeller
I'm so screwed for this paper. History is such an interesting subject but the exams are so bloody idiotic. They are testing us on essay writing but we need to remember so much bs. How are you guys revising for this rubbish :frown:(
mostly by doing essay plans in like as little time as possible and making notes by theme. and then trying to learn facts/ statistics with flashcards and stuff. It is so hard though, the course is literally so huge and i feel like i wont be able to learn everything. What about you?!
Original post by lh0406
mostly by doing essay plans in like as little time as possible and making notes by theme. and then trying to learn facts/ statistics with flashcards and stuff. It is so hard though, the course is literally so huge and i feel like i wont be able to learn everything. What about you?!

I'm just reading my notes lol but nothings going in. Do you know the strucure of the question like how many marks each one is?
Reply 5
Original post by TheTruthTeller
I'm just reading my notes lol but nothings going in. Do you know the strucure of the question like how many marks each one is?

I think it's 60 marks for each essay so 120 marks in total?? I don't know about grade boundaries though tbh :/
Reply 6
The grade boundaries are normally about 108/120 for an A* then I think it goes down in tens for the other grades...

Quick Reply

Latest