The Student Room Group

Looking for feedback before sending my cv off?

I received this CV template that i had to fill in and send back, can you have a proof read for any little errors or improvements that can be made?
The bold writing is what i have said.

First Paragraph
About you Skills, Personal Qualities, Future Career goals
I am a highly self-motivated and hard-working individual,I am ambitious to solve theoretic and practical problems that involvetechnology. I am using online sources to teach myself programming. Eventual careergoal is to become a fully qualified and experienced programmer, with the longerterm aspiration of moving into project management.

Second Paragraph
IT Why IT, what appeals to you about IT, why you want a career in IT
IT is one of the most important aspect in our daily lives in modern society because we rely on it for everything we do. I am keen to learn about it because I will learn to be able to be creative with technology and flexible by being in control of a gadget by reprogramming it or building something from scratch that one day will be used by millions of people around the globe.

Third Paragraph
Why an apprenticeship As opposed to college/going to university, how you feel an apprenticeship would be better for you to achieve your career goals, why the style of learning (hands on) is better suited to you
You don’t learn playing tennis by reading a book but seeing someone play tennis and also taking part is what helps you to learn and develop your skills. I do not want to spend another 2 years of my life studying subjects just to be able to go to university and get a degree with thousands of pounds debts to repay for the course of my life, if however I get a job after graduating which is unlikely nowadays because the employer is looking for a skilled and experienced individual.Apprenticeships is great opportunity to start your career in early stage and to work alongside professionals in the industry that are your mentors and teachers to help you learn from them. You get to learn from the best in their field with hands on learning while getting paid and getting qualifications. Also now you are able to study for a degree in a university with apprenticeship programme while getting paid. You will get the same qualification as others but while they get into debts you get paid for studying.

Work Experience
(April 2014) (Something Community Centre)
(Computer Administrative Assistant)
Responsible for creating promotional documents and developing the current documents to a better standard for the Centre, using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. Used the internet for research purposes to be able to produce good quality and outstanding work. Developed time management skills by handing my work before the deadline with great satisfaction from the manager.

Information Technology skills

(Please include a short summary about your current IT skills and the programmes you are familiar with. If You have completed an IT qualification please include what skills and knowledge you have gained.)
I am really passionate about the career path I have chosen to begin because it is a really creative and entertaining for me to learn more about it. I have somewhat understanding of HTML by playing a game that uses HTML format for texts and images and also watching online lectures from YouTube. In addition I have taught myself programming in python using online sources like codeacademy/Udemy. I am also planning to enrol myself for a 9 week online course provided by University of Michigan on Coursea providing a verified certificate at the end of the course.

Interest and Hobbies·
I am also a keen reader, with my head often in a newspaper or online, keeping up to date with current affairs.· Outside of academia and computing, I enjoy football and have formed strong teamwork skills and deep friendship from my time as a player. One day I hope to develop the skills to move up in the game and become a team leader.· I love travelling because it is an opportunity to explore and meet new people.· I enjoy taking part in intense sports activates because it helps me to push my boundaries and learn new things.

The plain text are whats on the template the bolds i wrote.

I didnt have much to say on the interest paragraph about ICT cuz i covered it in other paragraphs at the beginning.

How does this look?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Im doing this in word . I have go no spell errors

It might be becuase i copy and pasted it here and it didnt work very well.
Its looks fine on word, no spelling mistakes.
Reply 2
Yeah the punctuations is a problem.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest