Has anyone else ever cried in front of a teacher?

Watch
Emmi12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Help! I feel really bad. We were doing a mock in class and I felt so ill and stressed and it went horribly and the upshot is... I ended up bursting into tears in front of my teacher. Is this normal? I'm usually quite shy and keep myself to myself, and now I just feel so humiliated...
Spoiler:
Show
It was before the half term but it's still on my mind...
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Emmi12345)
Help! I feel really bad. We were doing a mock in class and I felt so ill and stressed and it went horribly and the upshot is... I ended up bursting into tears in front of my teacher. Is this normal? I'm usually quite shy and keep myself to myself, and now I just feel so humiliated...
Spoiler:
Show
No i've never seen it so i suppose it's not normal.

You should have taken it further i.e. rolling on the floor wailing, that would have made everyone think it was an act and respect your audacity.

:cry:---> :bawling:
Claudiawalker98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You won't be the first, and byjingo you won't be the last!
It's that time of the year too, for loads of poeple, with exams and what-not. Just don't sweat it, the teacher probably didn't think much of it. If anything, they'll just want to make sure you're alright.
ewhittle_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Completely normal - my chemistry teacher is basically my therapist half the time haha.
Jokes aside, so many people do it and they are used to it, it's just stress
Emmi12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by futbol)
No i've never seen it so i suppose it's not normal.

You should have taken it further i.e. rolling on the floor wailing, that would have made everyone think it was an act and respect your audacity.

:cry:---> :bawling:
Haha. :giggle:
But seriously, everyone else had left the class so it was just me and the teacher...
Bham369
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
It's fine! Honestly I have done that before too! It's not completely normal but it's fine! Don't sweat it!
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Multiple times
  • Once in yr 7 cause the teacher was so wrong and I knew I was right but could not argue - tears of frustration (lmao)
  • In year 10 at being told to take badges of a blazer, me pointing out there was nothing in the school rules against them, getting sent out, arguing with the head of year, ended up crying for some reason
  • In year 10 art - this was more of a complete breakdown
  • In year 12 Maths afterschool - not being able to understand something and it was really annoying me

I tend to cry when I get really angry/annoyed at other people and myself
iodo345
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've seen a lot of people crying in front of teachers and they're trained to deal with it so don't worry. It all just depends on personality types as some people bottle it up while others let it out.
Crystalclearmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Can I first just say well done for crying! This sounds super weird but literally you have no idea how much crying helps with all those emotions. I'm sure you felt much much better after releasing all those emotions. For this, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. It's better to cry about the situation than to bottle it up because it'll explode one day into something much worse than what it originally was.

And as Claudiawalker98 said, you aren't alone in crying in front of teachers. They are used to it and know it's all part of their students "growing up".

I've cried three times in high school for the weirdest of reasons, and the first two times it was in front of the same teacher! Like this one time I cried because I was happy that I didn't get a bad mark. <- WHAT?!
I was soooooo scared after an actual GCSE module exam, and when I saw my mark (which was much better than what I expected) I just couldn't hold back tears. Both the teacher and I (I had the same teacher again for my A level) looked back on it and laughed at the randomness of that day when I just burst into tears for basically no reason.

Honestly, don't worry about it. Crying is as normal as not crying at school. We all know it's stressful; the teachers are human as well at the end of the day and can sympathise with the situation (even if they never "look" it).
sophiamarni
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes my re teacher it was so bad omg it was like a waterfall and they didnt even care
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
You are not the only one, I have before because of a similar reason too.
rachel.h
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a teacher. I've had loads of kids cry on me. It's no big deal, don't be embarrassed
BorussiaDortmund
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No but I made my teacher cry by farting in her face.

I bet that makes you feel better
raspberr1es
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dude, the amount of times I have cried in front of teachers is ridiculous.

You felt like poo and were having a cruddy day; it's completely fine so don't fret
Emmi12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophiamarni)
yes my re teacher it was so bad omg it was like a waterfall and they didnt even care
That's horrible! I think some teachers believe students cry for sympathy or to get out of a 'punishment', but I wouldn't cry unless I truly couldn't help it! (As I ended up doing)
Emmi12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crystalclearmagic)
Can I first just say well done for crying! This sounds super weird but literally you have no idea how much crying helps with all those emotions. I'm sure you felt much much better after releasing all those emotions. For this, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. It's better to cry about the situation than to bottle it up because it'll explode one day into something much worse than what it originally was.

And as Claudiawalker98 said, you aren't alone in crying in front of teachers. They are used to it and know it's all part of their students "growing up".

I've cried three times in high school for the weirdest of reasons, and the first two times it was in front of the same teacher! Like this one time I cried because I was happy that I didn't get a bad mark. <- WHAT?!
I was soooooo scared after an actual GCSE module exam, and when I saw my mark (which was much better than what I expected) I just couldn't hold back tears. Both the teacher and I (I had the same teacher again for my A level) looked back on it and laughed at the randomness of that day when I just burst into tears for basically no reason.

Honestly, don't worry about it. Crying is as normal as not crying at school. We all know it's stressful; the teachers are human as well at the end of the day and can sympathise with the situation (even if they never "look" it).
Thank you!!!
Emmi12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by rachel.h)
I'm a teacher. I've had loads of kids cry on me. It's no big deal, don't be embarrassed
What do you do/think when that happens? Don't you feel awkward?
Emmi12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by iodo345)
I've seen a lot of people crying in front of teachers and they're trained to deal with it so don't worry. It all just depends on personality types as some people bottle it up while others let it out.
That's the thing!! I usually bottle EVERYTHING up but this one time I just couldn't stop myself!
Spoiler:
Show
Maybe it's BECAUSE I usually bottle everything up that it eventually had to be let out...
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes.

High school was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me.

Thankfully nobody else was there to see it though. It was just me and her in her office. This was immediately after I went ballistic with another teacher and spent a good 100seconds shouting and swearing at her while waving my finger around in an aggressive manner...
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've cried in front of 3 teachers. Tutor this year and last summer, year 6 teacher and one I can't rmemeber but know I cried in front. All of which I tried not to but emotional feely feels. :sad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
30.77%
No (45)
69.23%

Watched Threads