The Student Room Group

Close to cheating

I've been with my bf for 18 months and generally speaking hes a nice enough guy. He was never my usual type as he is not particularly good looking and certainly not the best specimen of a guy body wise but I was fed up of players etc.Anyway recently I have been getting closer to my gym instructor to the point that I know something would happen between us if I wanted.He is so good looking and has an amazing body but I do not think he'd be a great boyfriend as he's too much of a player.My boyfriend knows him too and Dan, the instructor ridicules my bf as he is a lot weaker and smaller than him etc.Anyway my question is how can I prevent being attracted to him and is a one off really a bad thing? Lauren
Reply 1
Yes, a one off is a bad thing. And just get a different gym instructor if you're so weak willed you can't stop yourself cheating but don't want to.
Being tempted to cheat on your "nice" boyfriend shows how little you deserve him and how you're clearly not satisfied with the relationship. Once a cheater, always a cheater, so if you want to go off with the gym instructor then cut it off with your boyfriend beforehand, or just get a new gym instructor?
Please split up with your boyfriend as he clearly deserves much better than you.

Seriously - this gym instructor bullies your boyfriend because he's not as big and strong as he is and you find this jerk attractive?????

I worry for humanity when I read posts like this...
It is, Lauren. Right now you're just asking if one-off can be excused, next time you'll be asking if one-off after your first one-off is excusable. You won't date players yet you're a slut wannabe. :hand:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my bf for 18 months and generally speaking hes a nice enough guy. He was never my usual type as he is not particularly good looking and certainly not the best specimen of a guy body wise but I was fed up of players etc.Anyway recently I have been getting closer to my gym instructor to the point that I know something would happen between us if I wanted.He is so good looking and has an amazing body but I do not think he'd be a great boyfriend as he's too much of a player.My boyfriend knows him too and Dan, the instructor ridicules my bf as he is a lot weaker and smaller than him etc.Anyway my question is how can I prevent being attracted to him and is a one off really a bad thing? Lauren

stay away from the gym guy for a bit! figure out if you truly love your bf, and imagine how much it would hurt him if you cheated on him. then reconsider whether hanging out with the gym guy is still a good idea :smile:
Don't be this girl. Either break up with him or don't cheat. It's as simple as that. Will a one off ever be excusable? No.
Why not try asking your boyfriend and see what he says? :rofl:

In fact, why not just send this thread to him? See what his opinion on the matter is? :lol:

... Seriously, why is this even a question? Are people nowadays incapable of using their brains? Of course a one-off wouldn't be okay, you're in a committed relationship for ****s sake. And unless your boyfriend is okay with the idea of an open relationship, you better stay far away from 'Dan'.
Original post by thechemistress
Why not try asking your boyfriend and see what he says? :rofl:

In fact, why not just send this thread to him? See what his opinion on the matter is? :lol:

... Seriously, why is this even a question? Are people nowadays incapable of using their brains? Of course a one-off wouldn't be okay, you're in a committed relationship for ****s sake. And unless your boyfriend is okay with the idea of an open relationship, you better stay far away from 'Dan'.

Agreed Suzy :lol:
Original post by Plumstone
Please split up with your boyfriend as he clearly deserves much better than you.

Seriously - this gym instructor bullies your boyfriend because he's not as big and strong as he is and you find this jerk attractive?????

I worry for humanity when I read posts like this...

Humans are animals what do you expect?
Reply 10
Original post by Bushido Brown
Humans are animals what do you expect?

that isn't even close to a valid excuse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Try to flip the situation.
If you were the "nice but not physically attractive" girlfriend, and your boyfriend has been getting very close to his very attractive gym instructor, and you find out that he cheated on you with her, would you be fine about it?
When you are in a relationship with someone, you expect at least a basic level of respect from your significant other, and so if your boyfriend cares for you and is a nice guy, don't be disrespectful and go behind his back with a guy who takes the piss out of him.
Original post by Anonymous

If you feel you can't stay faithful to your boyfriend, then you should let him go so he can find someone who will be loyal to him.
Nice troll thread, but I'll answer anyway. You're an adult, you're free to do what you want. Best thing to do is dump your bf, that way you can alleviate some of your guilt and still get your ego boost, win-win right there. Or you can 'cheat', that works too, but your bf probably won't want to be with a woman who's been spoiled by another man, so there's that to consider. Dan sounds piff.
Well there goes my last ounce of faith in humanity.
You won't date players but you're considering cheating? You won't last.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending