The Student Room Group

What do you need in gcses for law?

I havent started my gcses but i am soon and i choose - math english double award science art re geography amd hortliculture which counts as 2 gcses. Are these good subjects and what do i need to get to get into law or even medicine?
I think straight As or a mixture of As and Bs should be fine for law. Medecine, you may need an few A*s in there.

Re is good as it is an essay based subject. It would also have been good if you had Latin or French because they challenge your ability to manipulate literary skills for law but no matter.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Llaurenwilsonn
I havent started my gcses but i am soon and i choose - math english double award science art re geography amd hortliculture which counts as 2 gcses. Are these good subjects and what do i need to get to get into law or even medicine?

Don't worry about subjects too much, you just need to need to get as many As and preferably A*s as you can.

The uni applications process is changing so universities will only have your GCSEs to go on when you apply, not AS levels which will become largely defunct.
Reply 3
Do the subjects you are best at - a language won't hurt either (UCL require this).

I chose History, Economics, Geography and Spanish and have 5 law offers :smile:
Original post by anonlad
Do the subjects you are best at - a language won't hurt either (UCL require this).

I chose History, Economics, Geography and Spanish and have 5 law offers :smile:

Ooh wicked, same GCSE options as me, except I took french instead:smile:
Where are your offers from?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jackmolineux
Ooh wicked, same GCSE options as me, except I took french instead:smile:
Where are your offers from?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice, I slightly regret choosing Spanish over French because I prefer the French language (but Spanish was apparently the easier option soo..)

Offers from Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham and Nottingham :smile:
Original post by anonlad
Ah nice, I slightly regret choosing Spanish over French because I prefer the French language (but Spanish was apparently the easier option soo..)

Offers from Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham and Nottingham :smile:

Wowee well done!!:smile:
What a levels did you choose then?
I'm guessing all A*s for you then haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest