elaras
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey ! Is anyone doing the exam next next week?
Any predictions about what the arts and literature question?
citygirl97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher has said it might be themes
elaras
Rep:
?
(Original post by citygirl97)
My teacher has said it might be themes
Oooh I hope so...
I don't think relationships have come up before in spanish, or questions that ask for a specific scene?
elishha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope its themes! What film/book are you studying?
elaras
Rep:
?
(Original post by elishha)
I hope its themes! What film/book are you studying?
El coronel no tiene quien le escriba by gabriel garcia marquez, you?
citygirl97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elaras)
Oooh I hope so...
I don't think relationships have come up before in spanish, or questions that ask for a specific scene?
I don't think so, but I feel like they're likely to stick to their normal set of question types (well I hope so lol)
elishha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Volver, Pedro Almodovar . Good luck looking for someone else doing the same film to compare essays etc.

El coronel no tiene quien le escriba by gabriel garcia marquez, you?
elaras
Rep:
?
(Original post by citygirl97)
I don't think so, but I feel like they're likely to stick to their normal set of question types (well I hope so lol)
Hmm yeah those have come up in French and German though!
RosieB9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

My teacher has predicted that it will be to describe a scene in the play/book and how it reflects the themes of the novel.

She guessed right last year so that may be possible!

What are everyone elses predictions? And how are you revising?
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys!

I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno for the arts and literature question, I have a feeling a scene will come up as well, possible linked to themes or something like that!

How are you revising for the exam? especially for discursive and translation?
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing the German exam on the 18th, so even though it's not same subject they appear to be linked in some way, right? In German at least we've had pretty much every essay apart from historical context and scenes. Last year was techniques, before that was themes , then an important moment in the book, followed character development, and finally a relationship between two characters.

(Original post by RosieB9)
My teacher has predicted that it will be to describe a scene in the play/book and how it reflects the themes of the novel.

She guessed right last year so that may be possible!

What are everyone elses predictions? And how are you revising?
It seems likely, do questions repeat themselves between subjects or are they always different?

(Original post by liz0123)
Hey guys!

I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno for the arts and literature question, I have a feeling a scene will come up as well, possible linked to themes or something like that!

How are you revising for the exam? especially for discursive and translation?
Discursive I'm hoping that Immigration comes up, it was my unit 3 exam, and we haven't had an immigration question for two years, so hopefully there's something on it. For translation I'm just reading a lot and making sure I'm in the language zone before the exam. What about you?
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alaric III)
I'm doing the German exam on the 18th, so even though it's not same subject they appear to be linked in some way, right? In German at least we've had pretty much every essay apart from historical context and scenes. Last year was techniques, before that was themes , then an important moment in the book, followed character development, and finally a relationship between two characters.

It seems likely, do questions repeat themselves between subjects or are they always different?

Discursive I'm hoping that Immigration comes up, it was my unit 3 exam, and we haven't had an immigration question for two years, so hopefully there's something on it. For translation I'm just reading a lot and making sure I'm in the language zone before the exam. What about you?
Yeah I would be happy if immigration came up too, I've done a few essay on that before! I'm doing the same really, just doing some past translations then gonna go over grammar and stuff like that!
elaras
Rep:
?
Does anyone want to post a lit essay? IK we're all doing v different texts but it would be good to see how other people's teachers have told them to structure it etc ! Here's one I did using a French essay title
Attached files
RosieB9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
=

The questions repeat themselves!- a scene hasn't come up since 2011 or something so its likely!
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RosieB9)
The questions repeat themselves!- a scene hasn't come up since 2011 or something so its likely!
German hasn't ever had a historical context one before either, so both of them are likely for me, I doubt they'll have the same titles between subjects though will they?
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
German hasn't ever had a historical context one before either, so both of them are likely for me, I doubt they'll have the same titles between subjects though will they?
Yeah I don't think they'll use the same questions for both languages but I do think that something to do with a scene will come up for Spanish, possible linked to history or a theme or something
tejandrews
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys! I'm doing the Spanish exam also next Wednesday and I'm quite worried actually

How is everyone feeling about it? I really want to get an A overall but to do that I have to get a high A in this exam!
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tejandrews)
Hey guys! I'm doing the Spanish exam also next Wednesday and I'm quite worried actually

How is everyone feeling about it? I really want to get an A overall but to do that I have to get a high A in this exam!
Hiya! Yeah I'm hoping for an A overall too but worried what the essays will be on! Are you doing a film/book for the research essay? I'm doing el laberinto del fauno. Do you have any ideas of what the question could be on for the literature essay?
tejandrews
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by liz0123)
Hiya! Yeah I'm hoping for an A overall too but worried what the essays will be on! Are you doing a film/book for the research essay? I'm doing el laberinto del fauno. Do you have any ideas of what the question could be on for the literature essay?
I'm doing Mar Adentro - I was going to do El Laberinto but I didn't think it would be as easy to write about. People are saying theme which I hope will be the case. I'm beginning to panic a bit.. I go through phases of being okay with it and then freaking out a little. ahhhhhhh

Are you hoping to do it at uni?
liz0123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tejandrews)
I'm doing Mar Adentro - I was going to do El Laberinto but I didn't think it would be as easy to write about. People are saying theme which I hope will be the case. I'm beginning to panic a bit.. I go through phases of being okay with it and then freaking out a little. ahhhhhhh

Are you hoping to do it at uni?
Fair enough! Yeah themes would be really good but that has come up a few times so not sure! Yeah I'm hoping to do French and Spanish at uni, wbu?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Open Day – BPC, GDL, LPC and MA Law - Bristol campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 18 Jan '20
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (67)
15.06%
1 (60)
13.48%
2 (57)
12.81%
3 (91)
20.45%
4 (91)
20.45%
5 (79)
17.75%