Capsicle101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

So I was inspired by another TSR member, who I believe is called lexifish(?), to do another, more recent, specification analysis for OCR AS Biology units F211 and F212. You can access it through the Google Docs link attached to this post (I couldn't post it directly because it's 70 pages!)

If you like these notes, and you have Tumblr, please feel free to follow my Tumblr studyblr, where I upload my tips on how I study for different subjects as well as reblogging other things - I'd love to hear from people, and possibly get feedback or new ideas. My url is www.thestudiouscollective.tumblr.com

Notes on the notes
1) I did these in the few weeks building up to my exams, so it is probable that I have made some typos.

2) I'm currently in Y12, sitting my exams, so I'm happy for people to contact me at the moment about stuff in my notes and ask me questions, but please note that if you see this several years later, I'm probably not going to remember much from this, so I won't be of much help. :P Besides, knowing British exam boards, they'll probably have changed the syllabus by then XD

3) I'm studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths with Statistics, English Literature and Critical Thinking at AS, with the intention of continuing the sciences and English to full A2, so it may be that I make more notes for OCR, but I haven't made any A2 notes at the moment, nor have I made any for the practical assessments. Unfortunately, I haven't done similar notes for Chemistry, but I may do in future for A2, so ask me sometime in the future if I have if you'd like them.

4) Some of the material has been taken from the original notes by lexifish, if that's her name, so either way, credit to her for the idea and the moments in the notes where I've taken stuff from hers.

5) These notes consist of my class notes, notes from the official OCR textbook, notes from lexifish and my teacher's notes only.

6) Despite my profile, I am actually a girl, so please address me as she/her

Thanks and hope this helps lots of people! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...ZUk&authuser=0
~ Capsicle
Kid B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, these are really focused on what you need to know - unlike the the verbose textbook.

Though you should know that this is the last year of the syllabus, so apart from retakes next year this might go to waste

(On an entirely unrelated topic: what's your motivation for taking English Lit as a 4th A2? My subjects are exactly the same as yours and am trying to decide whether to drop English.)
Capsicle101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kid B)
Thanks, these are really focused on what you need to know - unlike the the verbose textbook.

Though you should know that this is the last year of the syllabus, so apart from retakes next year this might go to waste

(On an entirely unrelated topic: what's your motivation for taking English Lit as a 4th A2? My subjects are exactly the same as yours and am trying to decide whether to drop English.)
Thank you so much - glad you like them. Haha oh well, I doubt they'll change the syllabus too much, so maybe the basic understanding will come in handy XD

Well I'm just naturally a lot better at English Literature than I am at Maths, so I find it a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable. (I'll only do 3A2s because Critical Thinking A2 is not a possibility at my school) I also really like the content of the A2 course and my teachers are really good, so I know they'll teach it well. Plus, because I'm looking to do Medicine in the future, I think it's important for me to focus on doing well in Chemistry and Biology, and English will be a lot less of a hassle for me because it's only one exam.

TBH I think you need to consider which you'll enjoy more and which you'll be able to do well in, as well as what works with your priorities. Hope that helps
Sunshine98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
unofficial mark scheme?
Capsicle101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunshine98)
unofficial mark scheme?
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to do one myself, because I've still got exams left that I'm studying for. :P I think someone else has already made one in another thread, but I remember when I saw it that there were some things that I thought were wrong in it; not sure if that's of any help. Otherwise, if there are specific questions which you would like me to tell you what I put, I can do that for you.
LadiesLoveAsh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will this help for people doing AS Biology now? I'm thinking of printing it all out.
Thanks
Capsicle101
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadiesLoveAsh)
Will this help for people doing AS Biology now? I'm thinking of printing it all out.
Thanks
Hi,

I think in terms of understanding the concepts you need to know, this would be helpful, because Biology is Biology, regardless of the exam board, and I've spent lots of time on this document trying to explain things in as concise and easy a way as possible.

However, I don't know how much the new AS Biology syllabus has changed from the one I did, so I'd check what I've done against your syllabus and see which topics are still relevant
saimz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
heyy if only I found you consise notes last year,im doing A2 bioogy now and just wondering if you've made notes agen would be really hepful
erfanullah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey do you have these type of notes for a2 ocr biology
Capsicle101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

So I'm currently doing A2, and as a fair number of people have been asking me for these, please find in this link a link to a thread where I've posted my A2 revision notes
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post64136447

Hope that helps
Capsicle101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am very disappointed to find that this morning, when I returned to use my Biology revision notes on Respiration, that they had been cut out of the original document, leaving none of my 2 hours worth of hard work behind. This is very upsetting, because I had worked really hard to make them, and I shared them in good faith that other people will use them fairly.

If you are the person that has cut my notes out of the original document, please send them back to me. I don't mind you using them, but bear in mind that these are also for my own personal use in the run up to exams, and your one action has wasted 2 hours of my time, because otherwise I shall have to rewrite them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (62)
35.84%
I really love the subject (44)
25.43%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.72%
I can't get a job (14)
8.09%
My parents want me to (4)
2.31%