The Student Room Group

A stars GCSE

How did you achieve an a star in a particular subject?
Original post by Iloveuuu

My only A* was in religion..pretty easy lol
Reply 2
Depends what subject but for Core Science past papers were great cause the questions often repeat themselves
Reply 3
I guess soo.. I chose triple science :s-smilie: , however well done for acheiving an a star, its difficult to acheive whatever the subject is.
Reply 4
Science, and English. I would like to achieve a star in science, however in my mocks I got a b. In english by coursework grade is a b.
For Sciences, read through a revision guide/textbook and make summary notes ^-^
Then repeat practice papers until you've done as many as possible - there are only so many questions that can actually be asked! :biggrin: That way you know exactly what the examiners want you to write as well...
Reply 6
Thanks! :smile:
Exam technique is a big part of it - make sure you know the style of the paper (and the time you have for the exam) inside out, so that there are no surprises on the day. Unfortunately, in most creative subjects (Drama, Art, and arguably, English), an A* is something that can't always be taught - the reason they're so difficult to achieve is that they're only awarded to those who appear to have a 'natural flair' in that field.
Original post by Iloveuuu

Knowing the exam technique is a massive part of it and it is also easier to do well in subjects you enjoy . It also goes down to a lot of practice and revising effectively. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest