Where can a degree in History of Art take you? Watch

emilys7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently undecided between a few degree courses, History of Art being one of them. I really love the sound of the degree and will be visiting University open days of the next couple of the months but wondered what this degree would really open up to career wise? Thank you!
ginab0beena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!

Sorry this reply is so late, so probably not much use now unless you did select History of Art as your degree.

I know many people who have studied History of Art previously and their jobs range from working in sales to working for the National Trust. I personally will be looking to use my degree to become a museum curator, taking a Curating MA once my degree is completed. Another option I have considered is using the degree to become an arts and travel writer/journalist. These are just my personal ideas though, discussed with careers advisers from my college.

A few websites say the following...

Job optionsJobs directly related to your degree include:Jobs where your degree would be useful include:Taken from:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_history_of_art.htm

And...

Taken from:
https://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/HistoryOfArt.htm
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gina's post above is fantastic.

Quite honestly, you could do a variety of things. Few graduate schemes in the U.K. have specific subject requirements and a simple Linkedin search of careers shows up people who are entrepreneurs, work at companies such as EA and E&Y and others who are academics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (297)
32%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.31%
Not feeling great about that exam... (114)
12.28%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.41%

Watched Threads