The Student Room Group

I've been using Pilot friction pens for all my exams, is this bad ?!

Hi,

I've been using these pens for all my exams. Recently someone told me I shouldn't have. Have I done something wrong ? They are normal pens but you can also erase them. I'm very worried now that the scanner may not scan the writing on my exam paper :frown:

Any help please ?
i wouldnt advise using them again, but tbh i dont think its a huge issue, i think its if you erase them and it leaves unreadable marks it can be rejected and examiners want to see all working even if its crossed out. i dont think its an issue with the scanner reading it so you should be okay :smile: if not you can always get them sent back for re-marking by hand. hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Spov
Hi,

I've been using these pens for all my exams. Recently someone told me I shouldn't have. Have I done something wrong ? They are normal pens but you can also erase them. I'm very worried now that the scanner may not scan the writing on my exam paper :frown:

Any help please ?

No, as long as it isn't pencil or any other coloured ink pen then they really dont care.
Damn I misread the title... not as interesting as I expected

Back to OP, there have been a couple of horror stories where people completed exams with those pens and the papers were left on top of a radiator etc. and the ink all erased itself, so the papers were effectively blank. It's very rare though and it shouldn't be any problem for you, but I'd advise you to use a biro in the rest :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks guys, stupid of me for not thinking this beforehand :frown:
[QUOTE="Spov;56388119"]Thanks guys, stupid of me for not thinking this beforehand :frown:[/QUOTE

Everybody makes mistakes... Everybody has those days... Everybody knows what what I'm talkin' 'bout... Everybody gets that way..

and yes i did just quote hannah montana

Quick Reply

Latest