The Student Room Group

Will one poor grade matter in the future if I am dropping the subject at A2?

I do English Language and all year I have not seemed to be able to grasp it. However I have an exam on 2nd June and obviously I am going to do my best. However if I get a low grade in it in the end will it matter when applying for university in the future, even if I get good grades in my other subjects and I am dropping English next year?
Original post by ojhm
However if I get a low grade in it in the end will it matter when applying for university in the future, even if I get good grades in my other subjects and I am dropping English next year?

I got an E in Maths and I got an offer from Newcastle so I dont think it matters.
Reply 2
Original post by ojhm
I do English Language and all year I have not seemed to be able to grasp it. However I have an exam on 2nd June and obviously I am going to do my best. However if I get a low grade in it in the end will it matter when applying for university in the future, even if I get good grades in my other subjects and I am dropping English next year?

Unless you are doing English Lanuage at Uni or your Uni course wants a certain grade in that subject then it won't matter. It will be a think to wrote on your personal statement or CV but shouldn't really effect you.
I am dropping English Literature next year as I don't want a career in it, it shouldn't matter.
Reply 3
Original post by NineTailedFox
I got an E in Maths and I got an offer from Newcastle so I dont think it matters.

Did you get an offer from Newcastle to do Maths? As I want to drop English after this year and definitely dont want to do it at Uni. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest