does doing sciences unit 1 and 2 make it 3 individual GCSE's? Watch

r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
so I was wondering does doing unit 1 and 2 in physics, chemistry and biology mean its 3 GCSE's so basically biology GCSE, physics GCSE and chemistry GCSE or does it come under one as core GCSE? so for example in physics I done PH1HP and PH2HP and the same for biology and chemistry. I done AQA. On the results sheet it says science A (route 1) and it also says each of the 3 sciences individually but then on the official AQA certificate it says science core GCSE. how would you enter these qualifications on ucas, would it be each of the 3 sciences as an individual qualification or would it be just one qualification? thanks.
student97
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
might be 2 gcses. unit 1 being core unit 2 being additional. unit 3 would make it 3 separate sciences.
r-t
Rep:
?
(Original post by student97)
might be 2 gcses. unit 1 being core unit 2 being additional. unit 3 would make it 3 separate sciences.
the person (a friend) didn't do triple science, they done core and additional science. but on their results sheet additional science comes up separately but with core science it is broken down into the 3 subjects with grades for unit 1 and unit 2.
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by r-t)
so I was wondering does doing unit 1 and 2 in physics, chemistry and biology mean its 3 GCSE's so basically biology GCSE, physics GCSE and chemistry GCSE or does it come under one as core GCSE? so for example in physics I done PH1HP and PH2HP and the same for biology and chemistry. I done AQA. On the results sheet it says science A (route 1) and it also says each of the 3 sciences individually but then on the official AQA certificate it says science core GCSE. how would you enter these qualifications on ucas, would it be each of the 3 sciences as an individual qualification or would it be just one qualification? thanks.
Yeah it's definitely 2 GCSEs - core and additional... On your results sheet it will be broken down into biology, chemistry and physics so you know your marks for each unit but it will definitely be 2 GCSEs overall not 3 - pretty sure you'll be able to enter it as 2 qualifications on UCAS - a core science GCSE and an additional science GCSE
student97
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they sometimes show a breakdown of unit marks on the results sheet. generally a lowercase grade is just a unit score whilst an uppercase grade represents the grade for afull qualification

(Original post by r-t)
the person (a friend) didn't do triple science, they done core and additional science. but on their results sheet additional science comes up separately but with core science it is broken down into the 3 subjects with grades for unit 1 and unit 2.
r-t
Rep:
?
(Original post by #sarahsmith2)
Yeah it's definitely 2 GCSEs - core and additional... On your results sheet it will be broken down into biology, chemistry and physics so you know your marks for each unit but it will definitely be 2 GCSEs overall not 3 - pretty sure you'll be able to enter it as 2 qualifications on UCAS - a core science GCSE and an additional science GCSE
okay thanks.
omaymah1678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone want to revise with me who is doing the GCSE AQA Core science exam ?

PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%