AQA History B GCSE (Treaty of Versailles) Watch

JoeRainford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What were the strengths and weaknesses of the Treaty of Versailles?
MEvans123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Strengths- LoN was set up (which was successful in sorting out some disputes such as Upper Silesia 1921 and the Aaland Islands 1921), was able to compromise on some points (i.e. The French wanted the Rhineland but instead it was decided that it would just be demilitarised), it was the best that could be done in a post-war situation, 45 countries signed the treaty (meaning it was widely accepted), it was fairer than other treaties (for example the Brest Litovsk treaty of March 1918)
Weaknesses- listened to public demands instead of the politically correct things to do, the counties involved were hypocritical about disarmament, too much faith was put into the LoN to uphold the ToV, reparations were maybe too high (as seen by the Ruhr crisis and the resulting hyperinflation), Germany was left weakened but resentful - emotions which Hitler was able to harness to come into power
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed