KirenA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, resitting GOVP2 on Thursday and was looking to see if there are any predictions?
Pho3be98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
House of Lords essay I think
Cam977
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lords
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't know, but I work with someone who did A-level politics during the year of the last election and apparently the exam boards LOVE to make it 10x harder in an election year
Cam977
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jtf1050)
Don't know, but I work with someone who did A-level politics during the year of the last election and apparently the exam boards LOVE to make it 10x harder in an election year
I hope that isn't true, but looking at past examples from Jan 2010 one of the sections include:

Backbenchers

Lords being made more legitimate

Parliament's representative function success
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that would be okay... I'd like a question on the Lords- easy pro/con kind of question... Are you AS/A2?
Cam977
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jtf1050)
I think that would be okay... I'd like a question on the Lords- easy pro/con kind of question... Are you AS/A2?
A2 but I'm resitting the AS GovP2 exam. We're the last year that are allowed to resit.
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same- I struggled with GOVP2 last year- what do you think will come up this year for A2? And what units are you doing?
ellaissy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm doing the Constitution and Judiciary and Parliament for GOVp2, scared as hell as I got a D last year - what are people's predictions for those modules?
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me too I got a D- I got a B on govp1 and an E on Govp2- I've revised just the core exec and parliament this year... I think the lords will come up for parliament essay question.
ellaissy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm so rushed for time, spent so long getting my head around constitutions and judiciary that I'm yet to go over Parliament, looks like a long day for me today

Thanks for the heads up regarding the House of Lords! I'll make sure to focus down on that
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make sure your comfortable with it all- just remember common sense and the stuff you know from the whole 2 years, you will be okay- good luck 😘
ellaissy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thank you! if anyone has any predictions for the Constitution and Judiciary, hit me up !!!
desperate, desperate times
Vraj Patel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what can they ask you on The House Of Lords question? reform? adv/dis?
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes would more than likely be something like reform- then would be advantages/disadvantages, already standing 'reforms'-
I think they could ask about how far the reforms have gone then would just talk about how the HOL act of 99 was intended as the first stage of reforms, then adv and disadv.
Cam977
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Lords they could about the functions of the chamber and the relative success/effectiveness of the House at performing them; ie: Scrutiny, also I'd know the reform stuff too just in case that shows up.

I got a C last year on GOVP2 and a B on Govp1, I need an A this time round to get into university.
The tension's high.
danwilkins
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any constitution predictions? Just hoping the judiciary doesn't come up on the 25 marker
Matt4398
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anybody have any predictions on what could come up for core exec?
jtf1050
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think seeing as we've gone from a coalition to majority government they will do something along the lines of PM becoming presidential...
cmcmanus747
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Judiciary came up last year, will probably be should we move to a codified constitution, might be a 25 marker on bill of rights though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (567)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (681)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.53%

Watched Threads