The Student Room Group

I just took an IQ test and I found out that I am, in fact, retarded

I just spent 25 minutes taking this IQ test online and then it asked me to pay 5 quid for my results

Scroll to see replies

rofl
Reply 2
A lesser man may have paid for those results. Consider yourself a genius.
Those online tests are all scams, I tried a free one and deliberately answered all questions incorrectly, somehow I still had an IQ of exactly 100 :biggrin:
Reply 4
LOL it is better to have an actual IQ test from MENSA you can sit in an exam centre than anything online
130 IQ checking in
that happened to me once hahaha felt like a right idiot
My IQ is so low I failed my blood test.
Online tests are complete crap. Practically everyone gets 130 on them (when that is meant to be 'very superior':wink:. On the other end, many tend to obscure the weightings of certain mental facets (all of which are measured separately when done properly), so those with, for instance, linguistic genius are shunned for mathematical types.

Use the services of a trained psychologist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Johann von Gauss
As they should be

Seriously though, IQ tests cannot test pure intelligence, because knowledge (and practice) gives a large advantage to the score you can obtain. Additionally, I would not even trust MENSA's tests, because they need the money, and are not actually custodians of the high IQ world.

I don't agree. I'd argue that the Shakespeares, the Chomskys and the Mozarts of this world possess minds just as fecund as the Hawkins and Dawkins. Not utilised in the same way, but using faculties that are, in proper educational psychological IQ tests, equally perused. They too are incredibly valuable for the development of the Human intellect and culture.

I recently spent hours with a psychologist, having my dyspraxia diagnosed. Any IQ test worth its paper breaks down your intellect, with different scores, into its composite faculties. Ergo, I always find it weird when people say that they have one number. Which of those numbers you use is too qualitative to have merit, as it entirely depends on which are most useful to your life and field. Averaging them is equally folly.

Mensa is a society for dickheads. I'll agree with you there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sir Candour
I don't agree. I'd argue that the Shakespeares, the Chomskys and the Mozarts of this world possess minds just as fecund as the Hawkins and Dawkins. .

Lol why would you pick Dawkins as your example?

I don't doubt what you said in relation to Richard Dawkins, but if you meant Charles Darwin, then I must disagree.
LOL this happened to me once too. I was pissed at myself, just glad I never stooped to pay for it. The 'you have to pay' part was in small print too (I found out later).
Original post by confusinggenes
130 IQ checking in

152 here :wink: it's a stupid test anyway, though.
Original post by DedicatedWizard
LOL this happened to me once too. I was pissed at myself, just glad I never stooped to pay for it. The 'you have to pay' part was in small print too (I found out later).

i can give you a quick IQ score if you answer this question..

what's 9+10?
never been bored enough to take an IQ test checking in here!
Original post by Gabrielxucram
152 here :wink: it's a stupid test anyway, though.

what do you think of hitler? if you truly have 152 IQ, i expect a certain answer
Original post by Xin Xang
Lol why would you pick Dawkins as your example?

I don't doubt what you said in relation to Richard Dawkins, but if you meant Charles Darwin, then I must disagree.

I'm reading 'The Selfish Gene' right now, so he was on my mind. :tongue: I don't mean to argue whether the most intelligent person ever was/is a scientist or not; actually, I would say it was Nikola Tesla. Rather, exceptionally intelligent non-mathematical thinkers, geniuses, have, do and will continue to exist.
how do you know that you're retarded if you didn't get the results.

Yup this does make you retarded
I'm glad that my IQ is above most of your weights guys
Original post by confusinggenes
what do you think of hitler? if you truly have 152 IQ, i expect a certain answer

I don't believe one requires 152 of IQ to have an opinion on Hitler... But to answer your question, I am jewish, so you can figure the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest