English Langauge Questions Watch

Emmadunn_99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What type of questions are on the english language mice and men section a and b?
Thanks
derpz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Of Mice and Men is literature, not language...
But for the Of Mice and Men exam, you have an extract for the first part, where you will be specifically told what to analyse. For example, it may give you the opening scene where Lennie and George are described ans ask 'how are Lennie and George portrayed in the extract?'. For the second part, you will have to answer an essay question using the entire novel and also contextual references (link to the time period). This part should be longer than the first part, and should also contain quotes form the novel, where as the first section will only need quotes from the extract.
Emmadunn_99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you
yuusan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by derpz)
Of Mice and Men is literature, not language...
But for the Of Mice and Men exam, you have an extract for the first part, where you will be specifically told what to analyse. For example, it may give you the opening scene where Lennie and George are described ans ask 'how are Lennie and George portrayed in the extract?'. For the second part, you will have to answer an essay question using the entire novel and also contextual references (link to the time period). This part should be longer than the first part, and should also contain quotes form the novel, where as the first section will only need quotes from the extract.
but it is in language...
derpz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by yuusan)
but it is in language...
I'm pretty sure Of Mice and Men is literature, and the Reading Exam is language...?

You may be doing a different exam board.
Jamesstanley0
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is in language for coursework, is that what you mean? For AQA there are no questions in the exam on Of Mice and Men
yuusan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ah im doing edexcel where omam is in both lang and lit sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.97%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.77%