The Student Room Group

Bag for Sixth Form (Girls)

Helloo

I'm having a bit of a struggle because idk what sort of bag to go for? I'm starting sixth form in september and genuinely have no clue what people use etc. One that lasts the two years would def be preferred. My current bag I've had for aobut 4 years and has tonnes of scribbles and just writing on from throughout my school period. Any links or idea of what types of bags please?
Idk just links to places or bags online I could look at would be great please x

Thankk you x
Reply 1
This probably seems really early to post but its mainly because I need a bag for summer as well so would be useful to be able to use a bag for summer and then sixth form after :smile:
Something big - you'll need a lot of stuff! Rucksacks are the best bet, they don't dig into your shoulder as much as (and are less likely to break than) shoulder bags. :smile:
Reply 3
I usually find rucksacks really ugly so I've never actually owned one other than from when I had to go camping when I was younger so I wouldn't know what to go for
At the same time I'd like it to fit all my stuff in & be comfy, I also want it to be a nice bag
I wouldn't really know where to look for one either that looks decent,
Any ideas please? But thank you!x
Original post by laurensmiley97
Something big - you'll need a lot of stuff! Rucksacks are the best bet, they don't dig into your shoulder as much as (and are less likely to break than) shoulder bags. :smile:
Reply 4
I have this one from H&M, which I don't think will be as sturdy as the one you've had before but I've had it for 6 months now and there aren't any signs of wear and tear on it, and that is with it carrying my English folder in it everyday which at the moment is at that stage where it really needs to be held together with a heavy duty belt. It is surprisingly massive as well, but you can make it small enough for everyday use using the poppers at the side.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/34146?article=34146-E#article=34146-A
Original post by jemma12
I usually find rucksacks really ugly so I've never actually owned one other than from when I had to go camping when I was younger so I wouldn't know what to go for
At the same time I'd like it to fit all my stuff in & be comfy, I also want it to be a nice bag
I wouldn't really know where to look for one either that looks decent,
Any ideas please? But thank you!x

There's loads out there, so googling 'backpack' along with any style you're particularly interested in would be a good idea :smile: personally I think the Vans rucksacks are great; they're good quality and very funky! And you can get them for just under £30 which isn't bad :tongue: Argos also do some good ones for a bit cheaper, if you head to the bag section you can pick up some bargains. :smile:
Reply 6
Fjallraven Kanken is what I have (not for college though) and it looks decent and doesn't bulk up or sag at the bottom (the main reason I got it as other rucksacks will sag at the bottom which is not great for my back). It also has decent handles so you can carry it lesson to lesson without having to take it on and off. The medium sized one can only really fit 1 A4 file though so you may need a larger size if you are planning on having multiple folders.
Reply 7
Most people I know just use big handbags or satchels - having something that'll fit an A4 folder is way more important at A Level than having a 'stylish' bag imo.
I use a Cath Kidston bag and they're insanely durable - mine lasted 3 years and I've just bought another one for uni, they might be a little out of fashion but they hold everything!
Reply 8
Original post by Imogen96
Most people I know just use big handbags or satchels - having something that'll fit an A4 folder is way more important at A Level than having a 'stylish' bag imo.
I use a Cath Kidston bag and they're insanely durable - mine lasted 3 years and I've just bought another one for uni, they might be a little out of fashion but they hold everything!

ah yes cath kidston bags are really cute
fashionable/stylish isnt my main issue its more being comfortable with the bag if im gonna have to carry it around
i can't stand the feel of having things on my back so ive had shoulder bags throughout my whole secondary school experience.

but thank you, i'll have a look into them :smile: x
Reply 9
thank you for the replies, they're all v appreciated :smile:
Rucksacks are the way to go in my opinion. I didn't particularly like them either until I found a leather look one in Topshop. It's the best way to carry a lot of stuff round, which is essential when you're at Sixth Form, believe me!
Reply 11
Original post by rburslam98
Rucksacks are the way to go in my opinion. I didn't particularly like them either until I found a leather look one in Topshop. It's the best way to carry a lot of stuff round, which is essential when you're at Sixth Form, believe me!

ah well do you know a place to buy nice ones or a lni kto the topshop onesi f its still there to have a look at please? :smile:
Longchamp bags tbh, they look nice and can fit so much in them! :smile:
Original post by jemma12
ah well do you know a place to buy nice ones or a lni kto the topshop onesi f its still there to have a look at please? :smile:

I bought mine last summer so they don't stock it anymore. However, Topshop may have some other alternatives and Asos, New Look and H&M also do similar, affordable styles. I don't know if you have a student discount yet, but if you find one you like from Topshop, New Look or Asos then you can use mine! 10% off I think :smile:
Reply 14
I'm using a Longchamp; you've definitely seen them around as they are everywhere,
they're lightweight and don't look overly fancy,
they're definitely sturdy and come in complimentary colours which go with just about anything;
http://www.selfridges.com/en/longchamp-le-pliage-large-shopper_193-2001484-1899089RGE/?previewAttribute=Red
Sold in John Lewis also, xo

Quick Reply

Latest