The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

SaintCaz#5
I've got a friend staying there and they really like it. Nice and green etc but they said it is a bit far to be honest so I guess it just depends if you mind the bus journey everyday.

I've now had a chanmge of Heart and want to go either North Hill Court, St. Marks or Lupton. I'm trying to weigh up bascically if ti's better to live in Headingly (Lupton) nearer to the Uni (St Marks) or somewhere inbetween (North Hill.) I didn't visit any of these at the accomodation day ..so if anyone could give me any info it would be really helpful.

I like the location of North Hill, and at first thought having a samll number might make it easier to meet people etc, though then again I can't imagine them planning too many nights out & events etc and was thinking I might not get the whole Uni experience. Help?!

Lupton seems good except is abit ar out. Is it a problem or would I get used to it? Just seems abit out on its own? And St Marks ..I know nothing about it except it's cheap! And pretty close ot the Union and camus etc.

Oh and about Devonshire I have heard of most people that it tends to be mostly private school and rather posh! Cheers ...Carys x

DO north hill court! Lol. Just because I think I am going to... basically just cause of the wayyyy cheapness of it... lol. I'll be your friend :O)

see i was wondering about the social night thing, but i also think it would be wayy less scary at the beginning considering only 80 people live there... plus, I'm sure there is still not a lack of things to do... I only saw one pic of a room but looked ok considering how goddamn cheap it is...

xxx
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 81
Yeah I thought St Marks looked abit dodgy! But didn't know if Lupton would be different. i heard Headingly has a good community atmosphere and lots to do. Think I'll put Lupton down first, then maybe North Hill Court. Does anyone know anyone who's stayed there ... I havent heard much about it. Carys
Reply 82
What do Leeds students think of Bodington Halls?

I went to the accommodation day and viewed three residences (as i had to rush back to watch Stoke City play) and Bodington stood out the most. The other two were Lupton and Devonshire...

To be honest though we had the village idiot showing us around Devonshire but i liked the location of Lupton yet it didn't have any common rooms or bars or stuff.

How easy is it to get into the city centre or Headingly from Bodington or do you just find yourself staying around your halls and in the bars and stuff?
SaintCaz#5
Yeah I thought St Marks looked abit dodgy! But didn't know if Lupton would be different. i heard Headingly has a good community atmosphere and lots to do. Think I'll put Lupton down first, then maybe North Hill Court. Does anyone know anyone who's stayed there ... I havent heard much about it. Carys

But you only get one preference, don't you?
Reply 84
so does the travel to and from campus and the sharing bathrooms still make boddington great to live in? or would u advise somewer eles if u cud chose again??

Latest