GCSE History A, International Relations, 1st June 2015

Watch
Chichichilelele
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I just did the exam and I'm doubting myself. What was the year gap for question 6?
karishmaramesh
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
1975-1987
Chichichilelele
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by karishmaramesh)
1975-1987
Omg thanks sooo much, I wrote about the Apollo-Soyux Mission, phew
Neelman
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Wait what is the maximum you can get if you didn't finish the last question because I was only able to do 2 reasons and not do Mikhail Gorbachev and do a conclusion will I still be able to get an A and what will I have to do to get an A overall and what mark will I need for the next 2 exams that I do?
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm SO glad it's over! It actually went sooo much better than I thought it would, I was preparing to go in there and burst into tears because I didn't know anything.
bdfholmes
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by karishmaramesh)
1975-1987
I remember it as 1979-87, so it wanted you to talk about invasion of Afghanistan, end of detente, second Cold War? It wouldn't be a natural break at 1975 because that was right in the middle of detente. I don't know though, could easily have misremembered ...
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bdfholmes)
I remember it as 1979-87, so it wanted you to talk about invasion of Afghanistan, end of detente, second Cold War? It wouldn't be a natural break at 1975 because that was right in the middle of detente. I don't know though, could easily have misremembered ...
It was definitely 1979-87
I talked about Afghanistan, the Carter Doctrine, Ronald Reagan and Gorbechev
Gomulka
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
  1. For question 3, it gave two sources, and asked about their USEFULNESS as evidence of USA's involvement in NATO's formation, right?
    I gave correct points looking at CNOP, but I think I might have used the word 'reliable' rather than 'useful'. Would I lose all the marks for this 10 mark question as a result?
    Please answer if you have any knowledge regarding this. Thanks!
Gomulka
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RachJess4)
It was definitely 1979-87
I talked about Afghanistan, the Carter Doctrine, Ronald Reagan and Gorbechev
Same, but instead of Reagan I talked about SDI.
paxman
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gomulka)
  1. For question 3, it gave two sources, and asked about their USEFULNESS as evidence of USA's involvement in NATO's formation, right?
    I gave correct points looking at CNOP, but I think I might have used the word 'reliable' rather than 'useful'. Would I lose all the marks for this 10 mark question as a result?
    Please answer if you have any knowledge regarding this. Thanks!
Usefulness is the main question but to get full marks you do have do comment on reliability too. If you just accidentally said reliable but then explained usefulness anyway you should still get the points, as I said you really want both though.
Amzzyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gomulka)
Same, but instead of Reagan I talked about SDI.
Oh my gosh:ahee::ahee: yes! I was doubting myself sooo much. I did the SDI, Reagan and The Carter Doctrine.
Gomulka
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by paxman)
Usefulness is the main question but to get full marks you do have do comment on reliability too. If you just accidentally said reliable but then explained usefulness anyway you should still get the points, as I said you really want both though.
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (119)
33.81%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
26.99%
No (94)
26.7%
I'm not sure (44)
12.5%

Watched Threads