The Student Room Group

Eng Lang Edexcel

My exam is tomorrow and its on OFMAM and one other question where you are asked to write a letter, leaflet etc. I have not begun any revision for this and i really need your tips on how to get A*!!!

P.s please
Can you be slightly more specific? What is the exam likely to ask you on OMAM? Character representations? Themes within narrative?
For OMAM remember they key words you need like nouns, verbs, alliteration and such.
For creative writing just write the way you normally speak but slightly more formal without any slang. Make sure to be chatty if it's an article or speech using personal pronouns such as I or you. For a letter, start with directing to a reader and REMEMBER TO SIGN IT WHEN YOURE DONE! Also, for an article title use a writing technique such as alliteration or pun. Good luck!
Reply 3
In section A question, when I make a point I try to use alternative interpretations. It's basically having two suggestions about the effects of one thing.

So like if I am writing about the effects of, I don't know, an oxymoron in the novel or something, I'll give two different explanations on this. I've done this for a long while and I've been getting straight A/A* since the start of the year in English. **don't overdo it, though, keep it to your strongest point!

In the section B question, what I do is I use the techniques I've talked about in section a. Like the personifications, oxymorons, metaphors and the similes. I make a little checklist of all these techniques and I use as much of them as possible and I use formal writing throughout.

It'll be a blessing if the section b question is an inform question because then you can use expert opinions and statistics to back up your points (obviously these don't have to be real but the trick is to make them sound as realistic as possible)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending