The Student Room Group

AQA History B Unit 2 - Twentieth Century Depth Studies (Paper 2)

Hey guys,
Unit 1 went quite well in my opinion... how many pages did you write?

...but we have unit 2 to prepare for

These are the topics I do:
Section A - Topic 3, The Roaring 20s: USA 1919-1929
Section B - Topic 5, Hitler’s Germany, 1929–1945
Section C - Topic 7, Race Relations in the USA, 1945–1968

What topics do you guys study? I'm happy to help with notes/structure :smile:

Make sure you are studying a topic from each section (A,B,C), and no combinations which aren't allowed
Here is the 2015 spec:
http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/attachments/article/4627/AQA-History%20B.pdf#page=12
2015 specimen: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-91452-W-ASQP-15.PDF

if anyone needs any old past papers from the old specification, I'll post them

Questions from this morning:
Roaring 20s
7 - Source E on role of women - inference (4)
8 - Explain American attitudes and policies against immigration (6)
9 - utilitarian question on Source F, Ford car contributing to the economic boom (10)

Hitler's Germany
????? (8)
'All Germans benefited from Nazi Rule between 1933 and 1939' How far do you agree? (12)

Race Relations
Why was there a crisis in Little Rock Central High in 1957 (8)
'Martin Luther King was the most important figure in the Civil Rights moment during the 1960s' How far do you agree with this interpretation? (12)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I do those topics too!
Reply 2
Original post by KittyMcQueen22
I do those topics too!

I love this unit! My favourite topics :smile:
I think 3,5,7 are popular choices

what';s your favourite topic?
Original post by Jitesh
Hey guys,

...but let's prepare for unit 2 together!

Make sure you are studying a topic from each section (A,B,C), and no combinations which aren't allowed
Here is the 2015 spec:
http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/attachments/article/4627/AQA-History%20B.pdf#page=12

Heya, could u give some supplies for the roaring 2os?
Definitely USA in 1920s, I find the Germany one really difficult, especially as we never got taught the last 2 bullet points on the specification :/
Unit 1 was really good, I wrote 9 1/2 sides and my hand aches now :frown:
I'm doing
- The Roaring 20s: USA, 1919-1929 (I'm ok with the content but I need to go over some dates and stuff)
- Hitler's Germany, 1929-1945 (probably my best out of the three)
- War in Vietnam, 1954-1975 (from the Tet Offensive onwards I am lost :s-smilie:)

In my textbook,Hitler's Germany only goes up to 1939, however on the spec it talks about opposition groups etc. So how much do we need to know about 1939-1945?
Reply 6
Original post by electrahearts
Unit 1 was really good, I wrote 9 1/2 sides and my hand aches now :frown:
I'm doing
- The Roaring 20s: USA, 1919-1929 (I'm ok with the content but I need to go over some dates and stuff)
- Hitler's Germany, 1929-1945 (probably my best out of the three)
- War in Vietnam, 1954-1975 (from the Tet Offensive onwards I am lost :s-smilie:)

In my textbook,Hitler's Germany only goes up to 1939, however on the spec it talks about opposition groups etc. So how much do we need to know about 1939-1945?

They updated the spec recently, it's likely they will reference the new content so we need to know it all really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah sure, what do you need in particular as I have it all written down by hand and can type some up for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by KittyMcQueen22
Definitely USA in 1920s, I find the Germany one really difficult, especially as we never got taught the last 2 bullet points on the specification :/

Ah.. Do you have notes on that stuff now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
They updated the spec recently, it's likely they will reference the new content so we need to know it all really

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think we could get an entire questions on the holocaust/opposition/effect of the war on german people? i hope not!
Original post by Jitesh
Hey guys,

...but let's prepare for unit 2 together!

Here is the 2015 spec:

Could you post past papers please and my teacher said on Hitler's Germany is very likely a 12 mark on "if Germans benefited from Nazi Rule" will come up. he got most of the predictions for first exam right so it might come up.
I think we should recognise that specimen questions can also be in the actual paper. The ten mark in the specimen and the June 2015 paper for topic 3 were exactly the same.
Reply 12
Original post by MyNameIsNotJeff
I think we should recognise that specimen questions can also be in the actual paper. The ten mark in the specimen and the June 2015 paper for topic 3 were exactly the same.

It was weird that it came up but oh well
They also reused a source, reused 2 4 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by electrahearts
do you think we could get an entire questions on the holocaust/opposition/effect of the war on german people? i hope not!

It's possible
I would think opposition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Alevel24
Could you post past papers please and my teacher said on Hitler's Germany is very likely a 12 mark on "if Germans benefited from Nazi Rule" will come up. he got most of the predictions for first exam right so it might come up.

Sure I'll do it soon once I get home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure my history teacher predicted this Q as well!
Original post by Jitesh
It's possible
I would think opposition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was annoyed by the General MacArthur question because I saw it on a past paper the other day but decided to go through a different 4 marker for origins of Cold War. So I only put a few points about him, forgot the US president in charge at the time so I just said that he was discharged and not by whom....Oh well, at least my worst question was a four marker.

You could still get an a* if you got full marks on all 6 and 10 markers but got 0 marks on all the 4 markers.... (not so) fun fact aha

Do you do roaring twenties, new deal or vietnam war? If you do any of these, your teachers predictions would be greatly received aha
Reply 18
it was Truman lol
Truman Doctrine around at the time :smile: to 'contain' Communism
well that depends on the grade boundaries, as it seems like this was an easy paper so it could be 49/60 for A* :smile:

Original post by MyNameIsNotJeff
Yeah, I was annoyed by the General MacArthur question because I saw it on a past paper the other day but decided to go through a different 4 marker for origins of Cold War. So I only put a few points about him, forgot the US president in charge at the time so I just said that he was discharged and not by whom....Oh well, at least my worst question was a four marker.

You could still get an a* if you got full marks on all 6 and 10 markers but got 0 marks on all the 4 markers.... (not so) fun fact aha
Original post by Jitesh
Ah.. Do you have notes on that stuff now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't have anything on the last two bullet points of the hitlers Germany specification list ... I'm really worried so any notes you have would be greatly appreciated! (Also these two bullet points aren't covered by my revision guide :/)

Quick Reply

Latest