The Student Room Group

AQA History B Unit 2 - Twentieth Century Depth Studies (Paper 2)

Scroll to see replies

How was the history
Original post by Jitesh
I said in the conclusion that I felt he was the most important factor because when he died a week later the civil rights act of 1968 came so rambled about that.. etc compared him to other factors/people, mentioned he had recognition

Yeah for the reasons why he wasn't I mentioned freedom rides, Nation of Islam (black power) Carmichael etc.. Race riots... Pretty much everything else in the 60s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Civil rights acts where nothing to do with the 1968 Olympics due to the fact that they where done in 1964 and 1965, the main points that had to be made where the 1963 Birmingham bus, televised , along with the Washington March. Then things that he didn't arrange, the 4 African Americans sitting at a table with white people, the Selma incident,1965, the freedom summer 1964. Nothing to do with the 1968 Olympics, maybe you could of said a tiny bit about the Nation of Islam but that to was not really the reason why the civil rights acts were signed
Original post by Samfurness98
Civil rights acts where nothing to do with the 1968 Olympics due to the fact that they where done in 1964 and 1965, the main points that had to be made where the 1963 Birmingham bus, televised , along with the Washington March. Then things that he didn't arrange, the 4 African Americans sitting at a table with white people, the Selma incident,1965, the freedom summer 1964. Nothing to do with the 1968 Olympics, maybe you could of said a tiny bit about the Nation of Islam but that to was not really the reason why the civil rights acts were signed

There was a civil rights act passed after King's death in 1968, if he hadn't have died then Johnson may not have passed this act that meant African Americans had fair housing.

I'm confused, what was the question I must have misread it?
Reply 184
I actually thought they were quite nice in this paper (almost enjoyed it) but i messed up the first paper so no A* for me :frown: i did Russia, Hitlers Germany and Vietnam, the vietnam questions were really boring though which is a shame as its such an interesting topic
I messed up so badly on the War in Vietnam 8 marker on why America joined the war. I wrote about the Gulf of Tonkin but that was in 1964 (i thought it was 1954) and the question specified between 1950-1960 or something :frown:
Reply 186
Big shout out to AQA for such a nice paper today 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesPhilly

Okay that's fines, it said via MLK For civil rights acts, they where in 1964 and 1965
Original post by jack.123765
There was a civil rights act passed after King's death in 1968, if he hadn't have died then Johnson may not have passed this act that meant African Americans had fair housing.

There wasn't not any civil rights acts after 1968, it was only about the the ones in 1964 about public places being desegregated and 1965 the voting rights where given therefore nothing after MLK's death that was relevant to that question, i disagree with ur Johnson point as well because Johnson came in after keenedys death, this lead to the civil rights act in 1964 and 1965, Johnson came to power in 1963, so this meant civil rights acts could be passed in 1964 and 1965
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jack.123765

You could say about the housing but thT was not really a major civil right act
I didnt like the 6 marker on weimar about the nazi party but guess i wrote enough for 6 marks
image.jpg
There wasn't not any civil rights acts after 1968, it was only about the the ones in 1964 about public places being desegregated and 1965 the voting rights where given therefore nothing after MLK's death that was relevant to that question, i disagree with ur Johnson point as well because Johnson came in after keenedys death, this lead to the civil rights act in 1964 and 1965, Johnson came to power in 1963, so this meant civil rights acts could be passed in 1964 and 1965

The question said civil rights movement in the 1960s, it didn't actually specify a certain act
Reply 193
There was a civil rights act and it clearly says in the Aqa endorsed textbook it could be due to his assassination else Johnson may have not passed it in 1968.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
There was a civil rights act and it clearly says in the Aqa endorsed textbook it could be due to his assassination else Johnson may have not passed it in 1968.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly my point🙏
[QUOTE=Xiuchen;56833503]I did Hitler's Germany, Weimar, and race relations... My arm almost fell off... The questions for Weimar and Hitler were evil.... I filled the booklet with so much convincing bull**** that I have no regrets. I'm so glad I don't have to do history ever again in my life!! I also only got A in the course work, so I'm definitely not getting the A* that I wanted:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

The Weimar questions were quite hard, and the Race Relation ones were the same as last year!!
Original post by DauntlessGirl
The Weimar questions were quite hard, and the Race Relation ones were the same as last year!!

Were they? Dayummm :frown: should have done that pass paper :biggrin: Weimar was pretty horrible lol! And race relations wasn't too bad tbh :smile:
Reply 197
You could say about the housing but thT was not really a major civil right act

I guess it's not that major compared to other acts, but it still is pretty major
Imagine now not being able to live somewhere due to your race!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesPhilly

However Nation of Islam and there violent policies meant that the voting rights act of 1965 was pushed through quickly and also the fair housing act of 1968 due to the government wanting less violence. These may not have happened in the 1960s if it wasn't for the Nation of Islam. All of these were acts that improved the civil rights of blacks and therefore you could have probably got marks for talking about the Nation of Islam.

However Nation of Islam and there violent policies meant that the voting rights act of 1965 was pushed through quickly and also the fair housing act of 1968 due to the government wanting less violence. These may not have happened in the 1960s if it wasn't for the Nation of Islam. All of these were acts that improved the civil rights of blacks and therefore you could have probably got marks for talking about the Nation of Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending