The Student Room Group

*** official edexcel gcse english language 02/06/15 discussion***

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else think the first omam question didn't make sense?
Was it a newspaper article or report?
Reply 42
Yeah that's what I thought ! there wasn't much to write for language features either..
It was like 'explore the views when George and Lennie meet rhe Boss'

I was like wtf and it was a really rubbish extract as well

everyone else said it didn't make sense
Reply 44
Yeah I was quite confused on what to write really- not much to write about that extract and only found 1 language feature- alliteration.
Reply 45
Oh yeah and i said that the quote 'the sound of footsteps had died away' I said was pathetic fallacy but I really dont know if thats right ??
Original post by Jay789
Oh yeah and i said that the quote 'the sound of footsteps had died away' I said was pathetic fallacy but I really dont know if thats right ??

I think pathetic fallecy is when the weather is used to reflect the mood of the scene :frown: I could be wrong though
Original post by Jay789
Yeah I was quite confused on what to write really- not much to write about that extract and only found 1 language feature- alliteration.

I only found a similie - strong as a bull personal pronouns and adverbs and ngl my answer was pretty rubbish eurghh
Reply 48
Do you think I will lose marks if its wrong? I probably am wrong, I shouldnt have wrote it..

What grade are you hoping for?
What part of the book did you use for part b?
Reply 50
Section 1- when we first meet them
Original post by Jay789
Do you think I will lose marks if its wrong? I probably am wrong, I shouldnt have wrote it..

What grade are you hoping for?

I don't think you'll lose many marks because what you said is a good point it should be ok and I wanted an A because that's what I got in the mocks but I think I've let myself down, hbu?
I didn't say about devices I used words etc does that matter?
Original post by Jay789
Section 1- when we first meet them

I did the bit just before George kills Lennie
Reply 54
I hope so, we cant access grade boundaries on pearson can we?

I would like a B or C.
Reply 55
People have said that its quite easy to get a C, but I hope they don't up the boundaries like when I did GCSE 3 years ago.
Original post by Jay789
I hope so, we cant access grade boundaries on pearson can we?

I would like a B or C.

It's 20 for a C so we all most likely passed
Original post by Jay789
People have said that its quite easy to get a C, but I hope they don't up the boundaries like when I did GCSE 3 years ago.

If your coursework is good it helps and I think the grade boundary will be lower because of the dodgy question... Is this a resit for you?
Reply 58
I think I did well in my coursework actually, so I hope it can bring up my grade a little. Yeah this was kinda like a resit for me.
how many paragraphs did you guys do for section A ;both questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending