iamrobtaylor
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone. Now that F451 is out of the way, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling with a thread for Wednesday's F452 paper

How is the revision going? Anyone got any useful resources?
Purpledwarf
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

This site has lots of info:
http://www.rugbyschool.com/TextBook/...452_Intro.html
somegirlcalledea
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Absolutely hate this paper as I can't revise properly for it -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Matt Burgundy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just started today.

This is going to be fun.

: )

OCR doesn't know how to organise mark schemes either it's hard to find the ones you want on their website.
username1538497
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Mechanics on the same day :/
Matt Burgundy
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by -Infiniti)
Mechanics on the same day :/
I've got statistics on the same day.

: )
bilala21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm Hoping that its not gonna be to hard, as I do way better with F451
Dolman
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Anyone got last years paper and mark scheme?
Thanks
AKC...
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bilala21)
I'm Hoping that its not gonna be to hard, as I do way better with F451
It's looking like it will be, 451 was really easy.
BrandonS101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AKC...)
It's looking like it will be, 451 was really easy.
dont say that :'(
ryanroks1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What do you guys find trickiest about F452? For me, there are less definitions to learn so I perform well on worded questions, but I make the most stupid mistakes with dry runs and writing algorithms. I repeatedly start the trace table with the wrong value and **** it all up.
Matt Burgundy
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ryanroks1)
What do you guys find trickiest about F452? For me, there are less definitions to learn so I perform well on worded questions, but I make the most stupid mistakes with dry runs and writing algorithms. I repeatedly start the trace table with the wrong value and **** it all up.
The trickiest question I've had so far is an 8 marker about the importance of a well designed interface, it's so...
TheMathsMan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ryanroks1)
mine are just making mistakes on the algorithms or pseudo code
I misinterpret the idea for the system most of the time :|
TheMathsMan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
look on the bright side ... it's at 1pm
ryanroks1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheMathsMan)
look on the bright side ... it's at 1pm
I forgot about that, so thanks for making my today slightly more bearable!
Carloosee
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Sometimes the pseudocode is hard to analyse and read...
TheMathsMan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
oh *** ... I fell asleep and wasted 3 hours of revision time
I am not happy :/
Salient_Drive
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have a list of mark scheme definitions or any good definitions as the ones in the textbook and that great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheMathsMan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Salient_Drive)
Does anyone have a list of mark scheme definitions or any good definitions as the ones in the textbook and that great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do .....

They're in the textbook
TheMathsMan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've barely revised for this paper ..
Short term pain long term gain :|
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.28%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.75%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (132)
25.73%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.38%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (248)
48.34%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.51%

Watched Threads