The Student Room Group

Learning to drive

I'm just about to start learning to drive in about a month, been putting it off for a while as I can't be bothered! Does anyone have any tips on things I can do before lessons which would make it easier/quicker to pass? And also how many lessons did people take?
Can't give any tips for something you haven't started.
Reply 2
tips and tricks before you start learning can be more of a hindrance than a help.

some things are best to go in to with an open mind, knowing that you know little, learning to drive is one of those things, it'll just take however long it takes to go in, you cant force it, or make it easier or quicker :wink:

Until you've grasped the basics, there's really no point in overthinking any of it, one thing I will say is, don't beat yourself up about any errors or mistakes, no matter how bad you think they are, EVERYBODY and I mean everybody that has ever gone through the process has made the same ones at some point, and beating yourself up over them wont help matters, some lessons will be great, others will make you feel like you've gone three rounds with Tyson, some days you'll feel hopeless as as if you'll never 'get it', and then one day out of the blue it'll all just come together, but its all just part of the process.

Just enjoy the process and soak up all the information your instructor will be passing on, don't let your ego get in the way and don't be afraid to ask questions or clarifying things you're not too sure on, there's no stupid questions when driving, its better to ask an obvious question than pretend you've understood when you don't.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending