Psychology GCSE Edexcel 2015 exams (1st and 4th of June)

Watch
idkman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Couldn't find a thread on psych for this year. How do you guys think you did in the exam? I didn't find it extremely easy, but it wasn't too difficult either. Not too sure about how I did in the 5 marks question where you had to mention condensation, displacement and secondary elaboration though
Thoughts on the grade boundaries?
ehlamleyla
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
same i didn't find it difficult or easy, i was wondering about the whole birthday wish question? Did they mean ask about the birthday wish BEFORE or AFTER the analysis :/ i thought after so i said yes he should so he knows if his interpretation was accurate or not?

Hmm tbh on the grade boundaries, i don't even know the pattern
trufflexo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the grade boundaries for last year and the year before you could only lose like 6 or 7 marks so probs similar this year?

think i lost about 10, found the two 4 marks on illusions soo hard

about the birthday wish, i just put he should ask her first if she feels comfortable to answer it otherwise he'd be breaking the ethical guideline of privacy but I'm not sure??
kaddy_jjb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found it good but I feel like I wrote bs for the blue fur coat question
trufflexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i just defined displacement, condensation and secondary elaboration and then said what part of Sian's dream each one was
zahanara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trufflexo)
i just defined displacement, condensation and secondary elaboration and then said what part of Sian's dream each one was

HOW THE **** DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHICH PART OF THE DREAM WAS WHICH ONE. I LITERALLY JUST DEFINED ALL THREE. how many marks out of 5 do you think I'd get?
zahanara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ehlamleyla)
same i didn't find it difficult or easy, i was wondering about the whole birthday wish question? Did they mean ask about the birthday wish BEFORE or AFTER the analysis :/ i thought after so i said yes he should so he knows if his interpretation was accurate or not?

Hmm tbh on the grade boundaries, i don't even know the pattern
I think you might get a mark for that. Most people I asked said no because he may be invading her privacy, so she will feel uncomfortable etc
idkman
Rep:
?
(Original post by zahanara)
I think you might get a mark for that. Most people I asked said no because he may be invading her privacy, so she will feel uncomfortable etc
Hopefully it's that kind of question where you get marks for either answering yes or no, but depends on your explanation. i think both answers are correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
trufflexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HOW THE **** DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHICH PART OF THE DREAM WAS WHICH ONE. I LITERALLY JUST DEFINED ALL THREE. how many marks out of 5 do you think I'd get?
lool i didn't really know what i was writing but didn't know what else to put!

I said that the condensation was her wish to get a rabbit and her desire to wear the blue dress, all coming together in one dream (?)

I said the displacement was the horse-drawn carriage seemed to be important when it wasn't.

and then i said the secondary elaboration was that she said it was a 'princess' in the carriage, because she thought she might sound 'silly' saying she was in a carriage...not sure about that one though lol

I think you'd get 3, probably a mark for defining each one, then the other 2 were probably just for detail or examples x
idkman
Rep:
?
the grade boundaries for last year and the year before you could only lose like 6 or 7 marks so probs similar this year?

think i lost about 10, found the two 4 marks on illusions soo hard

about the birthday wish, i just put he should ask her first if she feels comfortable to answer it otherwise he'd be breaking the ethical guideline of privacy but I'm not sure??
Yess the illusions questions! It kinda threw me off in the beginning but i just used gregory's or gestalt's theories to explain them. Idk if that's right though.
Do you mean lose 6/7 marks to get an A*? If that's the case then I definitely don't think i'll get an A*
I think your answer is correct, it seems reasonable?? Idk I just hope we all did well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabby216
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah i used gregory and gestalts theories and compared them to which one explained the illusions better. any predictions for what case study question are going to come up on thursday??
trufflexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by idkman)
Yess the illusions questions! It kinda threw me off in the beginning but i just used gregory's or gestalt's theories to explain them. Idk if that's right though.
Do you mean lose 6/7 marks to get an A*? If that's the case then I definitely don't think i'll get an A*
I think your answer is correct, it seems reasonable?? Idk I just hope we all did well

Posted from TSR Mobile
ooh yay i did that too! and yeah, i just checked it.. on this paper last year you had to get 52/60 for an A* or 46/60 for an A.

but don't worry don't think i've got an a* either
Niamhiscool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was fuming there weren't any case study questions to be honest.. Like???
That is over half of my perception notes 😭😭

But ehh, probably got a B or something, thought the paper was weird lmao
zahanara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lool i didn't really know what i was writing but didn't know what else to put!

I said that the condensation was her wish to get a rabbit and her desire to wear the blue dress, all coming together in one dream (?)

I said the displacement was the horse-drawn carriage seemed to be important when it wasn't.

and then i said the secondary elaboration was that she said it was a 'princess' in the carriage, because she thought she might sound 'silly' saying she was in a carriage...not sure about that one though lol

I think you'd get 3, probably a mark for defining each one, then the other 2 were probably just for detail or examples x
Omg you are actually so smart!! You are probably one of those amazing people who get a*s so easily.
Did you put the gestalt and gregory stuff for the illusion qs as well? If you did, then I definetely didn't get full marks, since i just defined it and described the example.
idkman
Rep:
?
How are you guys studying for Unit 2? I have a feeling there will be many questions where we have to evaluate the experiments/theories we studied, because none of these came in the unit 1 exam.
Ahh so many experiments to memorise >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
zahanara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=idkman;56468287]How are you guys studying for Unit 2? I have a feeling there will be many questions where we have to evaluate the experiments/theories we studied, because none of these came in the unit 1 exam.

JUST GONNA GO HARDCORE WITH THE CASE STUDIES. SO MANY TO LEARN. CRIME HAS THE MOST CASE STUDIES
trufflexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=zahanara;56470953]
(Original post by idkman)
How are you guys studying for Unit 2? I have a feeling there will be many questions where we have to evaluate the experiments/theories we studied, because none of these came in the unit 1 exam.

JUST GONNA GO HARDCORE WITH THE CASE STUDIES. SO MANY TO LEARN. CRIME HAS THE MOST CASE STUDIES
yeah and in the unit 2 paper its got the longer mark questions! like 9 marks and stuff, highest on unit 1 was a 5 mark.

gonna start revising tomo!
idkman
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=trufflexo;56471581]

yeah and in the unit 2 paper its got the longer mark questions! like 9 marks and stuff, highest on unit 1 was a 5 mark.

gonna start revising tomo!
Yess and the exam is only 1 hour and 45 mins! I'm so worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
trufflexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how did everyone find it? I thought it was soo good, 1047x better than unit 1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
idkman
Rep:
?
how did everyone find it? I thought it was soo good, 1047x better than unit 1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found unit 1 better. Probably because i properly studied for it. I realllyy messed up on the 10 marks question oh god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads