United Airline Refuses A Muslim lady a can of Coke. #unitedfortahera Watch

German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by moneus)
All Muslim who from this on forth order anything that potentially can(not) be used as a weapon. Should be treated different from other human beings. Because she is a muslim and as that one guy said "You Moslem you need to shut the f**** up!"
She should have defended herself and told that man to mind his own business.

Surely there is the human acts right and other legal rights that could allow her to take them to court or anything like that?
LenaSim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The way it's written and described makes me doubt it tbh...
It's definitely not an objective description of what happened. I also don't see the need to make a scandal or start a fight that would disturb everyone(ask people around to defend her) instead of simply making a complaint.
db_F40
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol
moneus
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
She should have defended herself and told that man to mind his own business.

Surely there is the human acts right and other legal rights that could allow her to take them to court or anything like that?
so you expect everyone to defend themselves. Besides that she's looked more of an introvert to me hence her texting her problem at first instead of speaking about it. I personally don't care if u support her or think she's a liar. She was discriminated and she felt in that moment she could only cry. Just like what a gay person would feel like doing in a house full of people who don't understand.

(Original post by Shuerer)
Lol, well if you don't want to be stereotyped don't wear a headscarf, conform to our culture. Or go back to your ISIS homelands if not.
this culture is beautiful with all the suicide, drug, and divorce rate right Just conform to the good stuff. knowing how to suck a d1ck from a glory hole isn't one of them. or picking up girls like they are some sort of item from a market shelf. and they actually think that's hot. #alostpeople
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I bet this was all an elaborate fabrication aimed to gain compensation from United Airlines for not having any Diet Cokes on board, only regular Cokes.
db_F40
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shuerer)
Lol, well if you don't want to be stereotyped don't wear a headscarf, conform to our culture. Or go back to your ISIS homelands if not.
woah
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She was discriminated and she felt in that moment she could only cry.
Source? As others have said, pressurised containers aren't meant to be given to passengers.
Brownclown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I love how people are saying this story is made up. How much do you wanna bet if it was anyone other than a Muslim who wrote that, people would be in furore?

Yes discrimination exists, and yes discrimination towards Muslims exist too - I've experienced it myself.

It's Funny how when Muslims claim discrimination everyone calls them attention seekers isn't it?
Skip_Snip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Brownclown)
I love how people are saying this story is made up.
People aren't necessarily saying it was made up. Just that she is overreacting over nothing.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so you expect everyone to defend themselves. Besides that she's looked more of an introvert to me hence her texting her problem at first instead of speaking about it. I personally don't care if u support her or think she's a liar. She was discriminated and she felt in that moment she could only cry. Just like what a gay person would feel like doing in a house full of people who don't understand.

this culture is beautiful with all the suicide, drug, and divorce rate right Just conform to the good stuff. knowing how to suck a d1ck from a glory hole isn't one of them. or picking up girls like they are some sort of item from a market shelf. and they actually think that's hot. #alostpeople
Well sadly, no one is going to do that for you, that is life, when you see injustice, you have to stand up against it. Crying won't solve it(I do understand this though and can empathise)

Edit: Whether this story is true does not matter as people encounter these things regardless of anything, there are always going to be people who like to stir up trouble and cause unnecessary commotion.
welcometoib
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ATW1)
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?
lol. the guy next to her who was white was then given the same can unopened. then a guy shouted at her to stfu you muslim. i wonder why?
moneus
(Original post by Skip_Snip)
Source? As others have said, pressurised containers aren't meant to be given to passengers.
yet are kept in the plane. So technically speaking a terrorist doesn't (who she is b'coz of the muslims appearance) doesn't need to carry any hidden bomb equipment with them through check ups because according to people we can trust like u, coke cans are potential bombs .

(Original post by h3isenberg)
I bet this was all an elaborate fabrication aimed to gain compensation from United Airlines for not having any Diet Cokes on board, only regular Cokes.
It happened at 10:10 am. She was sitting on seat number 11c economic.

Wait. I just figured it out.

10 - 1 = 9

she sat at row 11c

that's it. It was 9/11 waiting to happen.
I think the coke had something to do with it
Brownclown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Skip_Snip;[url="tel:56445667")
56445667[/url]]People aren't necessarily saying it was made up. Just that she is overreacting over nothing.
Discrimination is discrimination regardless of whether it's on a small scale or a large scale. In fact I'd say the small scale discrimination is what hurts the most.

Do you see what I mean? If we let the small things go, how long before the discrimination becomes more overt?
KingdomOfTheLord
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ATW1)
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?
We meet again hat guy. It's obvs religious discrimination, people think muslims are terrorist? It's self-explanatory.
And if it's routine why did the guy get his goddamn beer then? Prob bc he was white.
Skip_Snip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Brownclown)
Discrimination is discrimination regardless of whether it's on a small scale or a large scale. In fact I'd say the small scale discrimination is what hurts the most.

Do you see what I mean? If we let the small things go, how long before the discrimination becomes more overt?
What makes you think it was discrimination? It's a shame the stewardess forgot to open the guy's can, but rules is rules.
Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
That is really sad and discriminatory, what is wrong with having an unopened can of coke? surely, you can't use that as a weapon? what is a can of coke going to do? blow up the plane? I don't think so.

People are to quick to judge these days, women wearing a headscarf does not mean that they are dangerous.
Getting hit in the face by an unopened can hurts, trust me.
Skip_Snip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The boycott will make the planes safer though
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Next time order a beer. Problem solved.
Spoiler:
Show
Seriously: I hope this is a hoax and did not really happen.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
Getting hit in the face by an unopened can hurts, trust me.
Of course it does, but apart from that, a can of coke can do nothing and I doubt the women had that in mind anyway.
moneus
(Original post by uberteknik)
Next time order a beer. Problem solved.
We are so unlucky. Problem not solved

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads