The Student Room Group

AQA AS-Level Biology Unit 2 [Unofficial Markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Some of the questions in this were so evil!
last question on why a placebo wasn't given in human trials:
it is unethical to not give it to a person who has the tumour as they can die.
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be? It was 56 for an A last year and that was a much easier paper
Original post by mkap
I dunno if this is right but I wrote so the body cells could recover because cancer drugs also kill normal human cells. so a gap is given from the treatment so the normal body cell count can increase because if continues treatment is done the person may feel weak and die

God knows

but didnt they say to start giving the treatment at 9 weeks instead of 5, so they hadnt received the treatment yet so normal healthy cells wouldnt have been killed,
but honestly i cant remember, they may have 2 alternative answers
Reply 84
whos makin this markscheme then?
Reply 85
would you get a mark for saying the coronary artery carries blood back to the heart under high pressure?
Reply 86
this may sound stupid for the measurement of the tumour being a bad idea i wrote the size of the tumour may keep changing so cant get accurate reading
For the courtship I put

Allows same species to undergo courtship
Allow fertile offspring to be produced
Forms pair bond
Original post by emma_1111
For the courtship I put

Allows same species to undergo courtship
Allow fertile offspring to be produced
Forms pair bond

I think you'll get 2 because your first and second point are practically the same, those who are in the same species produce fertile offspring. Mentioning fertility should have been worded as 'to identify a mate who is sexually mature and fertile'
Original post by bethygirl
I think you'll get 2 because your first and second point are practically the same, those who are in the same species produce fertile offspring. Mentioning fertility should have been worded as 'to identify a mate who is sexually mature and fertile'

Surely a mate who is fertile would produce fertile offspring? Haha i agree I would probably get two
Original post by emma_1111
Surely a mate who is fertile would produce fertile offspring? Haha i agree I would probably get two

Not necessarily, if a fertile zebra mated with a fertile donkey, yes a zeedonk would be born but the zeedonk would not be fertile because the mum and dad aren't from the same species
For the courtship one I said play both the recorded song of the cricket and the actual cricket to the female and she which one she responds to most is this okay? I think it may seem I implied play them at the same time..would I still get marks?
The sieve cells have no vacuoles, nucleus etc that is their main adaption providing a large SA for mass transport. here is a post explaining the adoptions in 2010.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1148294

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending