GCSE OCR 21st Century Biology B4 B5 B6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Okok , thanks btw I appreciate the help :yes:
Reply 41
are you all doing triple science too?
Original post by kxylah
are you all doing triple science too?

Yeah ✨ Do you have any predictions for the six markers?
What were last year's grade boundaries?
Reply 44
Original post by RainBear
What were last year's grade boundaries?

47 for A* I think, off the top of my head as we did it for a mock
I do triple science and it's such bull**** lol
Original post by Jitesh
47 for A* I think, off the top of my head as we did it for a mock

I've just found it. Thank you.
It was 47*, 39A, 30 B, 22C
What's the grade boundaries for b7
Reply 48
Last year's B7 boundaries :

A*- 42
A- 39
B- 35
C- 31

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emr22
I thought the molecules went from a dilute to a concentrated solution in osmosis??? I'm confused

Yeah, you're right. The molecules move from a dilute (in which there is a high concentration of water molecules) to a more concentrated (in which there is a low concentration of water molecules) solution. Kind of confusing but makes sense when you actually think about it!?
Original post by zinky99
hiiiii
i briefly know about mitosis and meiosis, but ALWAYS go blank when explaining it, does anyone know if they can explain it to me pleaaaase ^_^

Mitosis:
-Used for growth and repair
-Includes only one division
-Produces two daughter cells that are identical to the parent cell

Meiosis
-Used for making gametes
-Includes two divisions
-Produces four daughter cells that are different from the parent cell (as they have half the number of chromosomes)
Reply 51
Original post by katebeckett
Yeah ✨ Do you have any predictions for the six markers?

For this exam I don't, like theres no specific thing they could ask for, it could literally be anything, guesses would be

B4: The transect, identification key, etc.. or maybe uses of glucose from photosynthesis, or uses of energy from respiration, or products made from fermentation, or places where anaerobic respiration occurs (bacterial cells in puncture wounds for example)

B5: Protein synthesis, mitosis/meisos, stem cells,

B6: Memory model maybe (??), reflex arc, not really sure about this one...
Can someone explain biogas and fermentation?
Original post by kxylah
For this exam I don't, like theres no specific thing they could ask for, it could literally be anything, guesses would be

B4: The transect, identification key, etc.. or maybe uses of glucose from photosynthesis, or uses of energy from respiration, or products made from fermentation, or places where anaerobic respiration occurs (bacterial cells in puncture wounds for example)

B5: Protein synthesis, mitosis/meisos, stem cells,

B6: Memory model maybe (??), reflex arc, not really sure about this one..

i think it will be fermentation / respiration, mitosis and meiosis and memory model too
Reply 54
Original post by StressedByDay
Can someone explain biogas and fermentation?

i believe that you can ferment the carbohydrates in animal/plant waste which produces co2 + methane, then you burn the methane to cook/heat/whatever...
do you guys think grade boundaries will be super high this year? also, does anyone know if theres any way to access the 2014 paper?
Reply 56
Original post by askhelpsuccess
do you guys think grade boundaries will be super high this year? also, does anyone know if theres any way to access the 2014 paper?

2014 paper has been posted on this forum.
and i honestly think the grade boundaries will be lower and the test will be harder. Because 1) the test was easy/high grade boundaries last year, and 2) the B123 exam was very easy...
Original post by kxylah
2014 paper has been posted on this forum.
and i honestly think the grade boundaries will be lower and the test will be harder. Because 1) the test was easy/high grade boundaries last year, and 2) the B123 exam was very easy...

Thank you! Yeah, I'm retaking my Biology and I sat the one last year, just that I don't remember it well...
B123 this year was brilliant though
Reply 58
Original post by askhelpsuccess
Thank you! Yeah, I'm retaking my Biology and I sat the one last year, just that I don't remember it well...
B123 this year was brilliant though

haha ikr! Are you in year 11?
I hope this test doesn't have ethics/how science works in it - hate that stuff :frown:
Original post by kxylah
haha ikr! Are you in year 11?
I hope this test doesn't have ethics/how science works in it - hate that stuff :frown:

yeah I am! haha, just skipped year 8 for an odd reason. It's complicated hahah :biggrin: yeah me too, I hate B6 the other two are alright :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest