The Student Room Group

AQA Classical civilisation AS 2015

Scroll to see replies

Yes I did Women in Athens and Rome and The Odyssey. The women paper went quite well, high B maybe an A if I'm lucky. The Odyssey also went pretty well, hopefully an A.

I did the 30 mark on the Suitors. I made a lot of notes in preparation and I predicted this question would come up! Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to write all the points I'd like to have made, namely about Helios' cattle and Odysseus' hypocrisy.

Ah well, if I don't get an A I will not retake it, that's for sure. Way too much time and revision needed when my other subjects are more important.
Original post by hopefuldentist10
Yes I did Women in Athens and Rome and The Odyssey. The women paper went quite well, high B maybe an A if I'm lucky. The Odyssey also went pretty well, hopefully an A.

I did the 30 mark on the Suitors. I made a lot of notes in preparation and I predicted this question would come up! Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to write all the points I'd like to have made, namely about Helios' cattle and Odysseus' hypocrisy.

Ah well, if I don't get an A I will not retake it, that's for sure. Way too much time and revision needed when my other subjects are more important.

Hyperion's cattle was not what the question was asking so there was no need to include that anyway, unless you used it for the 20 marker on whether Zeus was important - he was forced to act against Odysseus as Hyperion was deeply upset at his crew eating his cattle on Thrinacie - if you didn't include it here, it was definitely not relevant for the Suitors 30 marker. Good luck! :smile:
The Women in Athens and Rome sounds interesting! We are sort of touching on that in CIV4D - Tiberius and Claudius, relationship with women etc. :smile:
The cattle showed that honour is more important than human sanctity.
Original post by hopefuldentist10
The cattle showed that honour is more important than human sanctity.

Yes but if you wrote that then you may not be following the wording of the question, which if I remember right was 'The Suitors deserved what happens to them' - not 'Odysseus' crew deserved what happens to them'. Be careful, as last year I think I misread the questions and got marked down. Sometimes it doesn't work to draw parallels to another topic area.
Original post by Clytaemnestra
Yes but if you wrote that then you may not be following the wording of the question, which if I remember right was 'The Suitors deserved what happens to them' - not 'Odysseus' crew deserved what happens to them'. Be careful, as last year I think I misread the questions and got marked down. Sometimes it doesn't work to draw parallels to another topic area.

Odysseus killing the suitors for leeching his wealth runs parallel to Zeus destroying his crew for eating the divine cattle.
I did the women in Rome and Athens too :smile:
Original post by Needs2Achieve
I did the women in Rome and Athens too :smile:

Nice, I don't think I've met anybody else on TSR who did it. The question on Naeara was pretty harsh but the 20 marker wasn't too bad. The 30 marker on Pleasure and Wealth was quite alright but I didn't have much to say for Thesmophoria.

I'm butthurt at the very first 1 marker... it said to give the location where Stephanus and Naeara first met. It was Megara but I put Corinth! If I'm 1 mark off an A then I'll only have myself to blame.

I think it was quite challenging, the grade boundaries might go down a mark, or two if we're lucky.
I cannot really remember the women's paper as I have had loads of exams since remember doing Naera and juvenal as the sections but not the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest