ts8714
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
First time using this. But I need help- For section BI think I'm going to focus on my Identity case study.
But I was wondering if Female Celebrities in the media is too broad but then I think I could mention a lot with it- like Kim K using the male gaze, apply 3rd wave feminism to more tom-boyish female celebs etc. But what if the questions are different where mentioning these things wouldn't make sense? idk I'm confused a little. I gotta revise some theories too if I'm using female celebrities.

Also, what key words do you think the exam board will use in the two identity questions?!

Thanks guys.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by She-Ra)
x
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ts8714)
First time using this. But I need help- For section BI think I'm going to focus on my Identity case study.
But I was wondering if Female Celebrities in the media is too broad but then I think I could mention a lot with it- like Kim K using the male gaze, apply 3rd wave feminism to more tom-boyish female celebs etc. But what if the questions are different where mentioning these things wouldn't make sense? idk I'm confused a little. I gotta revise some theories too if I'm using female celebrities.

Also, what key words do you think the exam board will use in the two identity questions?!

Thanks guys.
Hey

Welcome to TSR

We have a media studies study help forum so I've moved your thread into there,

Good luck with your exams :rave:
StudentChloe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I'm doing this exam too and I'm struggling on how to possibly revise for this section!
Some good advice given to me is to ALWAYS answer the question THEN support with your chosen case study, so even if the question isn't directly about female identity, I'm sure you could still back it up form your own research?
Also, if you pick texts from different institutions you're already showing a much wider span of your knowledge when it comes to answering the question?

I'm not too sure really what the key wording in the question will be either, difficult when its a whole new subject!

Hope I could help and if you have any advice, it would be much appreciated if you could share.

Thanks!
georgieems
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I always hate the case studies in Media. I'm doing YouTube for the digital age case study. Don't worry your case study should be fine! It is just a case of finding a worm hole into answering the question and using your case study. But, if you are nervous, I would recommend having a spare case study on the other section if it isn't too late for you? Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed