The Student Room Group

Ban women free entry nights

I am sick of the way men are exploited in every industry, despite it being against the law, the law takes a blind eye when women are let into clubs bars for free or discounted price.Before you all say, but it bring women to the club therefore its good for men argument....if all clubs made men and women pay equal, then women would pay rather than sit it home, so one club would not get an advantage over another by letting women in for free.This sexism against men must stop, the way we are used and exploited for money.Men would throw other men under the bus to white knight women, and the women would never complain as long as they get their privilege.

Scroll to see replies

I've never seen this happen before
Please point me in the direction of these clubs, because everyone I go to I have to pay like all the rest. Unless you're insinuating I'm ugly enough to pay haha.
Reply 3
Original post by channies
I've never seen this happen before
That's because you don't get out much.
I know this is a thing, but I've never seen it happen in the UK...? :s-smilie:

Either way yeah. I'm a feminist and I don't think women should get in free either. Fight me.
Reply 5
I'm in support of this.

They get into the club for free. Needy, insecure men (known as beta males) think they can trade money for sex and buy them free drinks (legal prostitution in my opinion).

Then they swan home*. Free night out.

*theirs or a guys
Original post by mattcar904
That's because you don't get out much.

I laughed because it's all too true
Most clubs I go to you have to have tickets before or pay on the door, so no ticket - no entry, whether you have boobs or not. I hate women who go to clubs with no money and flirt with guys to get free drinks though with no intention of even giving them their real number, although more fool the guys for going along with it!
You lot already ruined car insurance premiums for us, leave us this.
Reply 9
Original post by Aivicore
I know this is a thing, but I've never seen it happen in the UK...? :s-smilie:Either way yeah. I'm a feminist and I don't think women should get in free either. Fight me.
This does not happen in student night clubs that's why you don't see it.But it happens all the time, usually in the upmarket clubs, where a group of women are let in first, for free or for discount and the men must wait 1 hour and pay £20-30 each.They should use under cover female police officers and catch these places out and fine them £100,000 each time and see how quickly these people will stop doing this.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's technically illegal but it gets turned a blind eye to.

Kinda suits everyone though, guys won't complain much cos the club is full of women
I know this is a thing, but I've never seen it happen in the UK...? :s-smilie:

Either way yeah. I'm a feminist and I don't think women should get in free either. Fight me.

I've actually been refused entry to a club in London on account of (a) being male and (b) not having women with me.
Reply 12
Original post by withlove
Most clubs I go to you have to have tickets before or pay on the door, so no ticket - no entry, whether you have boobs or not. I hate women who go to clubs with no money and flirt with guys to get free drinks though with no intention of even giving them their real number, although more fool the guys for going along with it!
So men are the fools, here we go victim blaming!Men are trying to meet girls and offer to buy drinks as a way to break the ice etc and when they are used by women, yet you call the men fools?You are the type of woman who would call men tight and not a gentleman if they did not offer to buy women drinks.This is the sexist crap we men must put up with.
Original post by TurboCretin
I've actually been refused entry to a club in London on account of (a) being male and (b) not having women with me.

Did they tell you that outright? That is a pretty *******ey thing to do.
Reply 14
Original post by TurboCretin
Society sees men as expendable!Women with their privilege would never admit this, because it would mean they would be called out on it.
Reply 15
Original post by Viva Emptiness
You lot already ruined car insurance premiums for us, leave us this.
You been getting away with the pension long enough, paying less and living longer!
You been getting away with the pension long enough, paying less and living longer!

I'm not that old ffs.
Reply 17
Original post by orange crush
It's technically illegal but it gets turned a blind eye to.Kinda suits everyone though, guys won't complain much cos the club is full of women
it does not suit men, because if all clubs were forced to make women pay, then all clubs will have women in them, women are not going to stay at home are they?
Did they tell you that outright? That is a pretty *******ey thing to do.

Absolutely. It was me and a couple of male friends. They said we could come in when we had three women with us.

Wasn't some skanky club either, it was just off Leicester Square.
This does not happen in student night clubs that's why you don't see it.But it happens all the time, usually in the upmarket clubs, where a group of women are let in first, for free or for discount and the men must wait 1 hour and pay £20-30 each.They should use under cover female police officers and catch these places out and fine them £10c0000 each time and see how quickly these people will stop doing this.

I see you throwin' shade. I'll have you know I go in all manner of "upmarket" clubs. :colonhash:

Honestly though I don't know why you're blaming the women / feminists in all your other posts. Its the club's decision, and you can't tell me that you'd insist on paying your entry fee if they said you could get in free!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest