What is it with some gay people and complaining?

Watch
ATW1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Almost every day there is a story in the newspaper about members of the gay community taking issue with or being offended by petty things, such as the name of a road (Bangays Way). Some of them are also extremely intolerant of other views, in particular the right-wing, and there have been instances of members of the gay community harassing and verbally abusing politicians. I am not generalising, but collectively the gay community whinge and moan about things much more than any other community, and I'd like to know why.
Chris22
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
The bait has been dangled. How long before a nibble?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Lmao what do you expect. Any group that considers themselves 'oppressed' (hi feminism) is going to outright complain about even the tiniest of non-issues.
Brandon_97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Oh god haha
laylarose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ATW1)
Almost every day there is a story in the newspaper about members of the gay community taking issue with or being offended by petty things, such as the name of a road (Bangays Way). Some of them are also extremely intolerant of other views, in particular the right-wing, and there have been instances of members of the gay community harassing and verbally abusing politicians. I am not generalising, but collectively the gay community whinge and moan about things much more than any other community, and I'd like to know why.
I'm not tolerant of the views of those who have infamously oppressed and condemned gay people. Why would I be, if they're not tolerant of me?

And the gay community "whinge and moan" because they are not entirely equal yet. They have every right to strive for equality and they do this via protesting.

(Original post by Inexorably)
Lmao what do you expect. Any group that considers themselves 'oppressed' (hi feminism) is going to outright complain about even the tiniest of non-issues.
I completely agree with you. As a woman, I like to complain about tiny non-issues such as the undeniable rape culture in India and unequal access to education :rolleyes:
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laylarose)
I completely agree with you. As a woman, I like to complain about tiny non-issues such as the undeniable rape culture in India and unequal access to education :rolleyes:
I clearly meant in the western world you deluded bat.
laylarose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
I clearly meant in the western world you deluded bat.
That didn't really come through. It sounded almost as though you were generalizing feminists!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads