How is it possible to remember so much!?

Watch this thread
JonnyBoyMayer
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have no idea how I'm gonna revise everything for my A2 English Lit exam next week. 3 different texts that I gotta remember quotes, critics and context for each. And enough to cover any random question that may come up... I just don't know how my brain can have the capacity to remember all that in such a short period of time! I've tried all the flash cards and mind maps with colours but there's still just too much to memorise!

Anyone else having this problem and are feeling as stressed as I am for this exam?

And if anyone has any different tips for memorising things fast please feel free to let us know!

Thank youuu!!
chloep44
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I am finding it so hard too!!! I spend ages learning quotes and critics (context seems to be way easier somehow) but the next day or when I next come to revise it again I cant remember any and it just stresses me out!!!
bethnonsense
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do you know what type of learner you are? Audio, visual, or kinaesthetic?
If not take an online test and then plan your revision around that.

Visual - write everything out, use lots of colours, pictures, diagrams, organise everything in a nice way on the page, hang revision sheets around your room/house so you can see them everyday - it should go in.

Audio - speak out what you need to know. If someone is willing to listen like a parent or sibling then explain what you know to them. If not then speak to a pet, or an object, whatever, just keep saying it out loud. Maybe record yourself and play it back (cringey I know, but it works).

Kinaesthetic - use flashcards and turn revising into a game. Be creative! Study in short blocks and move around in between each round. Try and relate your studying to your own life and think of examples you can relate to and remember. Do something while revising, like playing with a ball or tapping a pencil, anything small

Try different techniques and go over it again and again and again.
Also make sure to practice past papers so you know the type of questions you are answering.
Good luck x
JonnyBoyMayer
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you so much for this! I shall try a bit of each of these to see which works best. It's definitely motivated me to keep trying and revising haha, thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.28%
As I expected (45)
32.85%
Harder (49)
35.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.11%

Watched Threads