Your fav news site?

Watch
Infectious
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What's the site you use to obtain all your business information/international trade/decisions of corporations/any major event?
username1405872
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Daily Mail! ;P sometimes i read the guardian or telegraph but when procrastinating and don't want to use my brain yet want know whats happening daily mail is the answer.
confusinggenes
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
the guardian. it has a nice layout and is updated frequently.
Kangie
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
bbc/telegraph
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
BBC & the Guardian for news stuff. Independent sometimes have a good scoop. Telegraph is good for finance/economy.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
BBC. I read the Guardian online because I find the Opinion articles hilarious, especially the comments.
Sir Candour
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Guardian, Telegraph, BBC and The Economist (the latter most when I want in-depth analysis).
_Fergo
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The Guardian and Google News if I want something more specific.
Phoebe Buffay
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I quite like the Daily Mail I won't lie.
blackened_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Don't really use news sites unless I'm specifically looking for something. Mostly use social media which tends to give both sides of a point of view, helps in eliminating bias.

Follow Al Jazeera, msnbc, IBTimesUK and Telegraph which gives a decent rundown of happenings here, the US and the middle east, and I'll check out a full report if something catches my eye.

Marc Lamont Hill is a good follow for everything to do with black rights in America.

Sky Sports News HQ for the sport obviously.

Sheffield Star for local news.

XXL, DIY, Pitchfork, The Fader for music stuff.
Infectious
Rep:
(Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
I quite like the Daily Mail I won't lie.
Why? Do you enjoy factual inaccuracies when reading news?
queen-bee
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Aljazeera english,the guardian
_Fergo
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Infectious)
Why? Do you enjoy factual inaccuracies when reading news?
The articles and the comments are sometimes a great way to have some fun.

You know it's full of sh*t anyway, so you just get the enjoyment aspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
katinthehat
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I like the Independent. Simple and to the point. If I'm looking for opinion pieces I'll go to the Guardian.
capitalismstinks
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
If I want to read comedy I go to the Guardian opinion page.

For everyday news its Daily Mail because it's traditional two colum scroll down is far easier to digest than the more modern sites.

Spiked online is the best alternative site however ( it's what the guardian pretends to be )
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Daily Mail, The Guardian and Sky Sports.
Everglow
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I tend to mostly use The Independent, but also BBC News and occasionally The Guardian.
RhymeAsylumForever
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Do people really read the Daily Mail?

RT and Al Jazeera are the most unbiased (everything has bias so take anything you see with a pinch of salt) and occasional BBC news.
Infectious
Rep:
(Original post by *Stefan*)
The articles and the comments are sometimes a great way to have some fun.

You know it's full of sh*t anyway, so you just get the enjoyment aspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can also be depressing and sad to be frank to see people really believing into crazy stuff that has no reasoning behind it whatsoever. It can look fun from the outset but then that is their true reality.
Infectious
Rep:
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Daily Mail, The Guardian and Sky Sports.
(Original post by Reluire)
I tend to mostly use The Independent, but also BBC News and occasionally The Guardian.
Most of the newspapers listed here have been british, I wonder why nobody reads for instance american newspapers?
I realise they are focused on american news however there's diverese perspectives to be found in publications from other countries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed