The Student Room Group

Why are women weaker than men?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingStannis
Having given it a cursory glance, have you considered that maybe survival rates aren't the only way fathers contribute? They're pretty much better at hunting mammoths and other protein than women. That's a greater variety of nutrition. Could arguably make the surviving people live longer.

Yes, good idea and this is all part of the debate. Fathers may not influence child survival but something else. Adult survival is unlikely as adults do not typically depend on their parents for food in most of these societies, but it could be child status in society, inter-birth intervals for the mother and so on.
God made women weaker on purpose....ask him why Jesus freak.....I will answer the question for all you folks women were supposed to be the nurturers take care of the children always been that way man on the other hand went out work with her hands got food and I took care of f****** b****** you're welcome
HAHA i think youre the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

You're pathetic and idiotic attempt to put someone else down did make me laugh though so I guess there was some benefit to the nonsense you wrote :-)

Original post by Man.bear.pig
Mate is you drunk? Not even remotely intelligent post.

"The point" in being physically weaker? Is this either a bad attempt at you being a male feminist, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? :erm:

Evolutionary?

Beneficial? Are you addressing nature (which we certainly can't speak for :erm:), or are you saying it's women's choice to be weaker, so "what's the point" in them doing it? (both quite silly things for you to do)

Also, women eat less now? How have you come to this conclusion?

I'm not trying to be rude, I really just don't see the logic here.

Ok well it's late, mate. Sleep it off.
Physiology something something pregnancy metabolism.
Reply 184
It really depends on what type the woman and men are because some men’s aren’t all ways stronger than woman personally 🙂🙂
Reply 185
We are physically weaker on average and we are proud.
Reply 186
But still for example men would drink and take drugs and that would mean they would be in a mental state so we would be stronger
Feminist magnet.

Run while you can!
Reply 188
What do you mean
Men need stronger arms to beat their meat more regularly.
Reply 190
Its just an act

trust me, when she wants to beat your ass she will
Original post by KimNoel
It really depends on what type the woman and men are because some men’s aren’t all ways stronger than woman personally 🙂🙂

I lost a couple wrestling matches to my ex because I have no endurance and just got tired and gave up lol. (+ she actually had some martial arts experience and I had no idea how to stop her wriggling out of stuff)

Obvs if was a real fight I could legit just knock her out with one punch though :laugh: Cus I'm stronger, bigger, heavier, etc. Women are super fragile. I've seen girls break bones and cough up blood from really minor accidents. Whereas I've been hit by a range rover on the road and walked away with just bruises the next day.
(edited 6 years ago)
Specialization. Often specializing in something like a specific task offers an evolutionary advantage. Economists would call this a 'comparative advantage' in the context of economics, and it's really based off just the natural order of things.

You get 'good' at whatever it is you do, do it better than others, and others get 'good' at whatever it is they do, and do it better than you. Then you trade your services back and forth according to needs.

There was clearly a need for a 'gentle and nurturing' parent for child raring, and a 'violent and intimidating' parent for protecting their child. I imagine it's harder to be both at once, so nature went down the path of gender roles, because this 'comparative advantage' turned out to offer long-term evolutionary benefits to the species. It split the responsibility between men and women (which I won't put in inverted commas), and that's how we evolved.

Of course both genders can be both 'gentle and nurturing' and 'violent and intimidating', but they're clearly not both equally good at it regardless of how much some people wish it were the case.

The advantage of 'specializing' isn't really a hard-set rule though either. If there's a need for a specific skill, then specializing in it will bring benefits. But if there's no need for it, then obviously not. It depends on the environmental conditions at the time as well.
It's not the case with a lot of animals, look at hyenas and snake for instance.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Specialization. Often specializing in something like a specific task offers an evolutionary advantage. Economists would call this a 'comparative advantage' in the context of economics, and it's really based off just the natural order of things.

You get 'good' at whatever it is you do, do it better than others, and others get 'good' at whatever it is they do, and do it better than you. Then you trade your services back and forth according to needs.

There was clearly a need for a 'gentle and nurturing' parent for child raring, and a 'violent and intimidating' parent for protecting their child. I imagine it's harder to be both at once, so nature went down the path of gender roles, because this 'comparative advantage' turned out to offer long-term evolutionary benefits to the species. It split the responsibility between men and women (which I won't put in inverted commas), and that's how we evolved.

Of course both genders can be both 'gentle and nurturing' and 'violent and intimidating', but they're clearly not both equally good at it regardless of how much some people wish it were the case.

The advantage of 'specializing' isn't really a hard-set rule though either. If there's a need for a specific skill, then specializing in it will bring benefits. But if there's no need for it, then obviously not. It depends on the environmental conditions at the time as well.

Also men need more energy than women to function. Because of the extra muscle and denser bones etc.

If women needed as much energy as men they'd end up starving once they're pregnant. If it's in a time period where theres not an abundance of food.

I thought it was interesting in Bear Grylls: The Island how the big men were becoming useless (from starvation), before the women. And the men would be feinting inside the camps while the women were still pretty healthy in comparison. Because they don't need to eat as much as men to function properly.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 195
Original post by Man.bear.pig
Mate is you drunk? Not even remotely intelligent post.

"The point" in being physically weaker? Is this either a bad attempt at you being a male feminist, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? :erm:

Evolutionary?

Beneficial? Are you addressing nature (which we certainly can't speak for :erm:), or are you saying it's women's choice to be weaker, so "what's the point" in them doing it? (both quite silly things for you to do)

Also, women eat less now? How have you come to this conclusion?

I'm not trying to be rude, I really just don't see the logic here.

Ok well it's late, mate. Sleep it off.

men are naturally, physically stronger than women - fact. i don't see the problem with his question
(edited 6 years ago)
Women are weak both physically and mentally on average. They carry a load of emotional baggage which I cannot stand and complain all the time.
I am a female (unfortunately) but I've hurt many men physically and taken a load of punches it isn't bad at all but I am strong and I have a superb pain tolerance.
Original post by h333
We are physically weaker on average and we are proud.

Who is "we"? Why on earth would you be happy being physically weaker?
Women look weak, doesn’t mean they aren’t strong.
Reply 199
Original post by LionMaster
Who is "we"? Why on earth would you be happy being physically weaker?

Women. If women are on average weaker than men then so be it, I’d rather accept it and be grateful. Women are still strong though in their own way.

Quick Reply

Latest