Can we trust our people to rule this country?

Watch
IlyaskhanBaloch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can we trust our people torule this country?The gloomy and uncertain situation face by the people of UnitedKingdom is the result of wrong policy adopted and implemented by the ruler ofour country, for their interest to grip and exploit the power but not for the Nationalinterest. People are feeling vague and unable to convert the bleak condition into encouraging, simply because oppressed people do not have power to stopdecision affecting the national interest. The reason is the current system ofsole power in one hand or few of them and powerless people.

Rulers are creating chose and uncertainty in worldand no one is able to stop them as they are exploiting the decision making poweracquired in the name of service to the Nation and welfare of people, but arethey really applying their policy for promoting the National interest andbetter future of our generation? No, then whom are they concerned for? Why.Situation in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya , Syria and Ukraine is getting worst and hopeless, whois responsible for the destruction and demise of these Country and their people,the destructive activities there was in the name of safety and security of our people,in reality affecting the peace and social order in our society. Look at thepast and analyze the decision taken by the ruling elites and decide if theirdecision was due to their commitment with outsiders or in the interest ofBritish People and Country.Even after this brief history of bloodshed, destruction anddemise of mankind creating social and political disorder in the world, badlyaffecting the economic and social condition in Britain. This happen because people are powerless in current system of sole power in one hand or few of them,wherein the rulers are not accountable or answerable to the People.We therefore, need change of Socio-political system of solepower in one hand or few of them and decentralize the power to empower thepeople at grass root level on the basis of Counties for accountability, peaceand justice in our society, affecting the peace and stability in the world.Ilyas khan Baloch৐�?�
LockheedSpooky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We're one of the oldest democracies on earth, if not the oldest?

I think we can handle some rough times. Been through two world wars and came through the other side.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You are talking about the UK aren't you?

It's just that your English is so poor you're either a Russian, Iranian or Palestinian sock puppet, or a Mong.
username1003420
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the main issue was that not everyone voted, so I think it should be made compulsory for everyone to vote so we get a government that truly reflects everyone's views
n00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)

It's just that your English is so poor you're either a Russian, Iranian or Palestinian sock puppet, or a Mong.
He's just Tal Khan Balochs. Reminds me though, really must pick up some tinfoil from Lubyanka Square later.
Gladiator12345
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no point in voting in this current system as those in power will not serve the people but they serve the massive trans national corporations who lobby them to implement their ideas of war and tax evasion.
We need a REVOLUTION in which money is taken out of politics so the people in power serve the nation not the corporations. We need to devolve all powers to grassroot levels
SotonianOne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
I think the main issue was that not everyone voted, so I think it should be made compulsory for everyone to vote so we get a government that truly reflects everyone's views
Yeah people like Joey Essex and White Dee

Their views are important

Greece has compulsory voting, and 10% of their Parliament is filled with Nazists and Communists. Or Belgium, where Marxists have a seat.

No thanks.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Hahah says you.

Go on, post a random link which doesn't prove your point like you always do in the absence of actually being able to back up your made up argument.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
Hahah says you.

Go on, post a random link which doesn't prove your point like you always do in the absence of actually being able to back up your made up argument.
Do you think the UK
Electorate can't be trusted to vote in politicians capable of governing?
SotonianOne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you think the UK
Electorate can't be trusted to vote in politicians capable of governing?
Looking at 1951 - 1979 and 2001 - 2010, no.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SotonianOne)
Did we embrace a totalitarian dictatorship at that time?
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did we embrace a totalitarian dictatorship at that time?
Nope, we just didn't elect right wing monetarists :lol:

How the hell William Hague (who I actually like) was a better choice over Tony Blair (who I don't really like) in 2001 I do not know.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do you not complain about Blair for 1997-2001 but dont like him after that?
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Markt1998)
The story goes Blair was scared ****less in his first term despite massive majority and so he actually did some things to help the people. Plus the country was in such a state after 18 years of Tory rule that almost anything he did would have been an improvement. But in 2001 he realised his majority wasn't going to just swing away and he evolved into Blair Stage II Warlord Mode
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
The story goes Blair was scared ****less in his first term despite massive majority and so he actually did some things to help the people. Plus the country was in such a state after 18 years of Tory rule that almost anything he did would have been an improvement. But in 2001 he realised his majority wasn't going to just swing away and he evolved into Blair Stage II Warlord Mode
Yeah Blairs first term was by far his best but considering Thatchers rule isnt on this guys poor voting decisions list i dont see why hed like any of the progressive moves in Blairs first turn.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah Blairs first term was by far his best but considering Thatchers rule isnt on this guys poor voting decisions list i dont see why hed like any of the progressive moves in Blairs first turn.
Yeah I don’t really get what he meant tbh. Brown was famously prudent in the first term so maybe he is a scrimper.
SotonianOne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because he inherited a Tory premiership which had a surplus and continued those policies combined with increased spending on investment and direct welfare to grow demand. While I am against welfare, having a fiscally conservative government like Labour 1997 is not something I mind at all. Labour 2001 onwards was just tax and spend.
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because he inherited a Tory premiership which had a surplus and continued those policies combined with increased spending on investment and direct welfare to grow demand. While I am against welfare, having a fiscally conservative government like Labour 1997 is not something I mind at all. Labour 2001 onwards was just tax and spend.
You're against welfare. Do you mean all kinds of welfare?
varshanct95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
So true, they should make the voting day a NATIONAL holiday so people can actually go and vote.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Major government did not run a surplus: the Tories managed only a small one in 1988-89 in the whole time they were in office. The Brown surplus in 1999-2002 was one of our major economic successes of the past fifty years.

Debt to GDP and budget deficit were both higher in 1997 than in 2007 prior to the crash, so Labour since 2001 were no more profligate than Major - and they managed to actually drag public services out of the third world. As you say, investment, especially in infrastructure, drives growth.

Apart from their enthusiastic embrace of PFI, the only criticism you can make of Labour's economic record is if you believe they caused the crash itself, and I'd like to think at least that particular piece of propaganda has been long discredited.

I don’t really see how anyone can say Labour since 2001 were tax and spend: they hardly taxed! Same with borrowing, they shouldn't have borrowed during the boom but it was no different to what Major did. Labour were PFI and spend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads