AQA English Language B A2 exam Watch

JHunnable
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys!

The English Language exam is on the 19th June, and is luckily my last exam.

I am aware that there are spoken, written and reading elements which we have to revise.

Can someone just confirm that at least one of the texts are always spoken?

And the other option could either be one of the 3 (spoken, reading and writing)?

Is this correct?

And, also, can someone please send me the link of any good revision notes for Child Language Acquisition and also Language change as well please.

Thank you, and good luck for your exams!
heatherjaynee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!
I'm also taking this exam. I'm not 100% sure if one CLA is always spoken, but past exam papers suggest this is the case, although sometimes AQA like to combine a spoken transcript with reading, and have the child[ren] reading a book whilst interacting with the CGs.
The exam is supposed to be split in oracy and literacy I think, leading to the expectation on one text being a spoken analysis, and the other either being reading or writing for literacy analysis.
As I say, I'm not 100% sure, so best to be prepared for not having a spoken transcript, but I can't see why there wouldn't be one.

If you have facebook, type in A2 English Language revision, there's a good open page on there from a few years ago which has lots of files attached for revision. Otherwise, I just googled the course and there were various sites that came up, can't remember exactly what they were now though sorry as I copied and pasted relevant things for my own notes.

Hope that helps haha
holdswjr03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Teacher swears by universalteacher.org.uk - a bit dated now (mainly the technology theories), although the theory is still relevant for Language Acquisition!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads